Chapter 4

~No one's P.O.V.~

        Hornet and the other man threw their captures into a old and dirty jail cell.  "So, we have a couple questions for you kids," Hornet began.  "The first one is: which one of you is the multi-magic mage?"  Jessie examined Hornet once more.  The more she did, the more she thought that he didn't have such a black and cold heart that she first thought he had.  She nervously glanced at Mark, who looked back at her.  She was about to say something when he cut her off.

        "I-I am," he lied.  Jessie looked at her big brother with surprise.  He was scared, but he still lied for her?  The two men looked at each other and nodded.  The bald man unlocked the jail cell door and harshly pushed the both of them out.

        "You're gonna have to prove it brat," he smirked.  They led them to a huge empty room.  The walls were painted a fainted gold and there was absolutely nothing in it, except for one person.

        "Oh?  Back so soon boys?" said a female voice.  The woman turned around to reveal her bright pink eyes.  She had long white hair and a navy blue dress with artificial black wings on the shoulders.  There were white ruffles on the edges of her sleeves and she wore a navy blue headband with a rusty pink rose on the middle[the girl in the picture].  "I'm surprised that the famous Eric the Saber Tiger was defeated so easily."

        "He was easy to defeat Lady Hikari," bowed Hornet.

        "I expect no less from you Hornet," she said with an evil smile.  "So which one of these kids is the one?"

        "I suspect it's the boy my lady," Hornet answered.  The woman walked towards Mark, and looked straight into his dark brown eyes.

        "Show me some magic boy," she commanded.  Mark just stood there, shaking with fear.  'What am I going to do??  I don't know any magic!' he panicked in his mind.  "What're you waiting for?  Show me!" she growled, getting impatient.  Jessie looked at her brother with fear.  She knew he had no experience with magic whatsoever, but she did.  A wicked smile grew on Lady Hikari's lips.  "You can't can you?"  She suddenly clutched collar of Mark's black shirt and lifted him up.

        "W-what're you doing my lady?" asked Hornet in shock.  Suddenly a whip made out of black feathers coiled around his neck and he was pulled towards the woman.

        "What I'm doing should be none of your concern Hornet," she growled softly.  "You should show no sympathy even if this boy looks like your son."  Jessie saw pure terror and sadness flash through his eyes as he suffocated.  Mark looked no better.

        "Stop!!" Jessie suddenly cried, surprising everyone, even herself.

        "Oh?  You can talk?" said Lady Hikari, slightly amused.

        "I-if you release the both of them I'll t-talk," she said, her voice quivering.  She tilted her head, but let go of the both of them.  Mark fell to the ground, and wondered what his little sister was trying to do.  Hornet was more surprised that she had just saved his life even though he was the one that kidnapped her.

        "Okay, I've done what you want, now spill," she ordered.  Jessie gulped, knowing what she about to do.  She took a deep breath to calm herself.

        "I'll make a deal with you.  Let my brother free and don't ever bother him or my family again, and also spare Hornet's life and let him train me in magic, then I'll do whatever you like."

        "Those are big demands," she said.  "Who's to say I have to listen to you?"  Jessie gulped, hoping that this works.

        "If you don't.."  She closed her eyes and concentrated.  Magic circles started appearing everywhere in the room.  "Then I'll blow up this room."  Everyone in that room looked around, shocked that a three year old girl could pull this off.  Even Lady Hikari was surprised, but not as much as her big brother.

        "Jessie...what are you doing?" Mark whispered.  Jessie looked at him with sad eyes.

        "Saving you," she whispered back and looked away.

        "But Jessie...if you do this..you have to stay here.."  Jessie painfully ignored him and looked at the white-haired woman.        

        "Hmm, you have my attention girl," Lady Hikari grinned.  "Alright, I'll meet your demands.  You have five minutes to say your goodbyes."  Jessie sighed a sigh of relief and ran to her big brother, knowing that this was the last time that she was going to see him.  She ran into his arms and wrapped hers around his small body.  Lady Hikari, the bald man, and a confused yet thankful Hornet left them alone.  When Jessie heard the door close, she pulled away.

        "Jessie, why are you doing this?" Mark whispered, still in shock.

        "I already told you onii-san, to save you," she answered.  Tears started to form in his eyes.

        "But I don't want to leave you!" he yelled, his comment echoing throughout the huge room.

        "I'm not going to give you a choice," she said firmly.  Mark grew more frustrated.

        "You can't make me go Jessie!  I refuse to!"  She sighed.

        "I knew you were going to say that onii-san, so I prepared for that.."

        "What do you--"  All of a sudden, he felt a wave of drowsiness wash over him.  He looked down to see a magic circle below his legs.  He looked back up to see his little sister casting that spell.  "No..no, I can't.." He struggled to fight the spell, but he was losing.  "J-Jessie.." he managed to stutter before he darkness clouded his vision.  His body fell forward, and was caught by his little sister.

        "Goodbye onii-san," she whispered to Mark, tears falling down her delicate face.  At that moment, she realized that she was a burden to not just him, but to everyone she got too close to. Just then the door opened.

        "Where will you take him?" she softly asked, stroking a strand of her big brother's hair away from his face.

        "Somewhere very far away from here," Lady Hikari answered calmly.

        "Make sure it's far enough so that he can't ever find me again," Jessie whispered to Hornet, who gently lifted her sleeping brother in his muscular arms.  Hornet still couldn't believe that this girl was sacrificing everything for his own safety, and for her brother, but he nodded.  He was about to walk out of the door when she stopped him.

        "Wait," she said all of a sudden.  Hornet turned around.  "Please...take care of him until you get him to the destination."

        "I will, I promise," he muttered before leaving.  'I will keep that promise, that is the least I can do..' he mentally thought as he walked down the hall of his guild while still holding a sleeping Mark in his arms.