Chapter 3

~No one's P.O.V.~

        Mark woke up in a dark place.  'What happened?  The last thing I remember..' his eyes widened.  The last thing he remembered was the orange spiky-haired man defeating his father and knocking them out.  'Where's Jessie??'  He looked around at his surroundings.  They seem to be on a wooden carriage because Mark could hear the rumbling of the road below him.  He soon found Jessie still knocked out in the corner of the carriage.  He tried to move towards her, but realized that his hands were tied, so instead he crawled to her.  "Jessie?  You okay?" he quietly whispered to her ear.  She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at her big brother.

        "Onii-san?" she quietly said, confused at what was happening.  "Where are we?"

        "We're in a carriage Jessie," he answered truthfully.  He bit his lip, not knowing if he should explain the situation to her.  "I think we're going to stop soon, so whatever you do, do not talk and just stay by my side."  Jessie slowly nodded and tried to hug her brother, but then realized that her hands were tied as well.  She instead leaned on his shoulder, holding back fearful tears.  She did know what had happened, but tried to stay strong for her brother.  She had woken up before Mark did, and realized quickly that they had been kidnapped by what seems like dark guild members.  After a couple minutes of potholes and bumpy roads, the carriage screeched to a halt.  Mark and Jessie shielded their eyes when bright sunlight came into the carriage.  Their two captors had unlocked their door.

        "We're here brats," said the spiky orange hair man.  He then took hold of Jessie and the bald man took hold of Mark.  They setted them quite harshly on the ground.  "Move," he grunted, and they obeyed.  They led them down a dirt path and towards what seemed to be a building.  Jessie glanced at her brother, who looked scared, but put on a brave face.  'It's me they want..' Jessie thought to herself.  She had eavesdropped on the conversation about her being "special".  To be honest, she always felt that she wasn't normal.  Kids her age liked playing with baby toys, but she just wanted to go on jobs like a guild mage did.  She studied magic and read almost all the books her father ever had.  Sometimes, when she was alone, she would practice the magic she had learned only from books.  Listening to the conversation only confirmed her suspicions.  Jessie looked up at her captors and examined them more closely.  The spiky haired one had dark blue eyes and wore crystal earrings.  He had on a gray cape over a white shirt and black dress pants.  He had a white mark on his right shoulder that looked like two swords that form an X with a skull over it.  The bald man wore black sunglasses with a white tank top and ripped jeans.  They were quietly talking to one another, but loud enough for Jessie to hear.

        "Hey Hornet, have you figured out which one of them is the multi-mage one?" Jessie heard the bald man whisper.

        "Nope, but if my suscpicions are correct, it's most likely the boy.." Hornet whispered back.  Jessie quickly looked to the ground when Hornet glanced at them to make sure they weren't listening.  "We'll just have to see when we get to the guild."

        "He kinda looks like what your son would've looked like if he--"  Hornet grapped the bald man's tank top, stopping both Jessie and Mark in shock.

        "Don't you ever talk about that," he growled.  "Or you'll regret it."  He slowly let go of his shirt and looked back at their two kidnapped children.  "What are you looking at?  Keep on moving!" he snarled, and the two immediately kept on walking.  After a couple minutes of silently walking, Mark and Jessie looked up in awe and fear at the huge building in front of them.  It was black in color, and looked like an evil mansion.

        "Welcome to the Skull Knights guild," Hornet smirked.