Chapter 6

~No one's P.O.V.~

        "Jessie?"  Hornet slowly opened the doors to her small room.  "You awake?"  The small girl slightly stirred on her bed.

        "A couple more minutes?" she muttered sleepily.  Hornet sighed, walked towards her bed and shook her.

        "Get up Jessie, we're going on a road trip remember?"  Suddenly her tiny hand gripped his arm.

        "Please?  Just five more minutes?" she asked.  Hornet eyes widened as he saw her puffy red eyes.  

        'Had she been crying all night??' He wondered.  "O-oi, what's wrong?"

        "Five more minutes, please?" she asked again.

        "N-no, I'm sorry Jessie, but we can't,"  Hornet answered once again.  Hornet looked away when he saw tears roll down her eyes.  She quickly wiped them away and put on an emotionless face, which creeped Hornet out because he had never seen her emotionless before.  He had always seen her with either a smile or a smirk.  'Does she know about the plan?'  "Hey um, Jessie?" Jessie turned to Hornet.

        "Yes?"

        "Do you remember where we're going?"

        "No, you said it was surprise, remember?" she said emotionlessly.

        "Oh, right.."  They walked in silence as they went outside and stood next to the carriage.

        "We're a bit early, so we're just going to wait for the lady okay?" Hornet reminded.  Jessie looked down, her black hair covering her eyes.  Now was the time to do the plan.  "Jessie?" Hornet said when he noticed Jessie.

        'I'm sorry Hornet-san..'  She pulled out a dagger she had swiped from a guild member two months ago.  Hornet's eyes widened.

        "Jessie, where did you--?!"  He didn't have time to finish his sentence because Jessie had just stabbed him right in the stomach with the sharp dagger.  Almost immediately, blood started to trickle down Jessie's arm, but she could not let go until she punctured it just enough to make it look like she stabbed him with all her force, which she didn't.  When she was sure it was deep enough, she pulled the now bloody dagger out.  "J-Jessie, w-why.." Hornet stuttered before collapsing onto the ground, a blood pool forming around him.  The dagger fell onto the ground.  Before losing consciousness, Hornet made a vow that would drive him for the next six years.  'You played me Jessie Celestia, and I swear, I will make you pay for it..'

        'I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..' That played in Jessie's head over and over again, and it took all of her willpower not to say it, otherwise Hornet would know that she did not mean to do it.  When she was sure Hornet was no longer conscious, she ran, fast.  she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her.  She would have a couple minutes before people find Hornet and hunt her down, so she couldn't use magic.  she kept on running for what seemed like a couple minutes, but actually she ran nonstop for an hour.  She finally was forced to stop because her legs were screaming in agony, but she couldn't stop for long.

        "FIND HER!  FIND THE GIRL BEFORE SHE GETS AWAY IDIOTS!" she heard Lady Hikari say.  Jessie closed her eyes.  

        'They're what...100 feet away?'  She stiffened.  '100 feet?!  How did they catch up so fast?!'  She started running again, but skidded to a halt over a cliff.  She glanced down.  It was about a 200 feet drop, and there was a roaring river at the bottom.

        "SHE'S CLOSE MILADY!" yelled what seemed to be the bald man.  He and Jessie did not get along so well...  Jessie looked down at the cliff again.

        'I have no other choice..'  She gulped and closed her eyes. 'Calculations say I have a 5% chance of survival...'  She held her breath and jumped off the cliff to what seems to be her doom.  She softly splashed into the surprisingly cold water.  Luckily, she missed the sharp rocks, but there was a problem she did not calculate.  'Oh no!  I forgot I don't know how to swim!'  She flailed in the water, fighting as hard as she could to keep conscious in the freezing water.  'Need...oxygen...'  She kept on trying, but it got harder and harder as her lungs started to scream for air.  'N-no...'  She looked up at the blurry blue sky in the water before everything went black and she sunk deeper into the depths of the river...