Zenitsu's past

The Agatsuma clan has always been one of the major clans that joined the fight against the demons. They have been entitled to using just thunder breathing, one of the five original breathing styles.

In the Taisho Era, The Agastsuma clan have secluded themselves away from the war of the demon to preserve their future. But one unfortunate night, their seclusion was found by multiple demons. It was a one-sided massacre. Many women and children were killed and eaten, and the men who tried to fight were brutally slaughtered by a fast demon. Running from their destroyed village and home, a couple and their 6-year-old child made their way to a river that led down to a town. The husband and wife nodded at eachother.

The father: Zenitsu

Zenitsu: Yes dad. *tearfully*

The father: This is where we part ways.

Zenitsu: WHAT?!

The father: My child. You will be heading down this river into that town and will do one thing. Survive.

Zenitsu: No. I don't want to leave either of you two here to die.

The mother kneeled down to her son.

The mother: Zenitsu, my sweet baby boy, no matter what happens to us, we'll always be right here.

She pointed to his heart.

Their farewell was suddenly interrupted by the combat demon who was hellbent on killing the family. Zenitsu's father unsheathed his sword preparing to die to protect his family.

The father: Take one more step and I will cut you down in an instant.

He was then pierced by the demon with a hole in his chest. He was killed in an instantly, and the wife saw thst her love one was gone, another demon appeared.

Combat demon: I'm now satisfied. Dipose of them.

The second demon lunged at Zenitsu and his mother. In her last moments she pushed her son into the river and say her last words.

The mother: I love you Zenitsu.

She was then fatally wounded, but she kept her smile. Zenitsu was floating down the river as the two demons watch.

second demon: I'll finish this.

Combat demon: Don't bother. He won't last a day, let alone a week. Our mission is complete.

After many hours, at the break of dawn, Zenitsu found his way into the town. He was still in complete shock. Everything and everyone he has ever loved was gone, suddenly life flashes before his very eyes as he remembers all the good times they have spend together. All he could do was cry. As he roamed the streets, he could hear many heartbeats, many noises, and conversations. Even when he sleeps, he finds it impossible to ignore the many things happening around him.

Over the next 3 years, Zenitsu was trying his best to survive listening to his father's last orders. So, he would try and scanvenge for food. Soon, he was taken in by a women who owned a hotel, and he works their helping guest taking in their luggages. And when he turned 14, an elderly man appeared before him. He said his name was Jigoro Kuwajima. He claimed to have learned thunder breathing and that his daughter was Zenitsu's mother. He wanted to teach his grandson thunder breathing and restart the Agatsuma tradition. Zenitsu would love to keep his memory of his family alive, but he hesitated for a moment and looked at his adoptive mother. But the adoptive mother just nodded and tells him to go, but before he goes he goes up to her and hugs her very tightly and even thanking her for taking care of him for so long. So, he took the deal.