From lower to upper

Two years ago, Tanjiro unaware that he was a demon, invited Michikatsu Tsugikuni to his home and that unlucky encounter started the journey he and Nezuko embarked on. Tanjiro knew that he would face him soon. But honestly he didn't t would be two years later. The demon slayers have just defeated Enmu, the strongest and final lower rank, and now standing before Tanjiro and Rengoku is the fierce upper rank one. And Rengoku was injured to where if he tries to help, he will only die. Meaning the sun breather is the only one who can face this monster. And dawn is only an hour way.

Michikatsu: It would seem as if your aura has changed after two years Kamado.

Tanjiro: How did you even get here?!

He asked aggressively.

Michikatsu: I was roaming around looking for someone, but then I felt a very powerful heat attack. But then I realized, your power s that of equal to someone I once knew.

Tanjiro: You mean Yoriichi?!

Michikatsu began to seethe in anger even grew a vein on his face hearing his deceased brother's name.

Michikatsu: How do you know that name?!

He looked towards the new wreckage of the Mugen train, and that was when it hit him.

Michikatsu: So, you defeated Enmu. I guess he showed you what your heart truly desired. And he used a long memory from the Sengoku Era.

Tanjiro: What of it?!

Michikatsu: Long ago we knew a man that looks exactly like you judging from his and yours appearances, you are his successor. We even saw him like our brother.

Tanjiro: No. Impossible! I would never be related to you in any way possible you traitor!

Michikatsu was confused at the accusation.

Michikatsu: What are you talking about?

Tanjiro: In my dream, Yoriichi told me how you became demon out of your own free will and murdered the Oyakata forcing your own brother to take the blame and go into exile!

Michikatsu: I despised my brother. He was younger than me, but ever since he formed the breathing styles, he always gained more respect and attention. I was very jealous of him. So, one night, I met Muzan Kibutsuji and he told me that those that unlocked these markings, are doomed for death before reaching the age of twenty-five. So, I decided to become a demon to finally best Yoriichi. But when I finally faced him, he died in the middle of our battle before one of us could perish. The only thing that's reminding me of my little brother are those god damn cursed earrings you wear.

Rengoku couldn't believe what the upper rank was saying. Why would someone with true power would go after the weak.

Michikatsu: You, Tanjiro Kamado have become a major thorn in Lord Muzan's plans. The very first demon slayer in hundreds of years to see him and live to tell the tale.

Tanjiro keeps a stance against his enemy.

Tanjiro: He's a disease that plagues the world! I will not allow lives to be stolen by that monster anymore!!

Michikatsu: Very well. If you are that serious on killing my lord, then I will discipline you through heavy pain.

Michikatsu grabbed his sword getting ready to face his arch-nemesis.

Michikatsu: And one more thing. Michikatsu Tsugikuni is dead. He's been dead a long time ago.

Tanjiro: Then what should I call you then?

The demon unsheathed his blade as both swordsman face each other.

Michikatsu: Call me Kokushibo