Journey To The Swordsmith Village

A quiet day. There was nothing more that could be more blissful. No noise, no war, and especially no demons. Yoriichi who still wears the Hanafuda earrings sits on a Porch watching the scenery, as a child rest in his arms. Sumiyoshi walks towards him from behind carrying tea.

Sumiyoshi: I made tea if you want some.

Yorichi: Thank you so much.

Sumiyoshi: Oh! He fell asleep! And it looks like my wife passed out too. I'm very sorry. It's not my place to ask a visitor such as yourself to watch my child.

Yoriichi: It's no trouble. I don't blade her for being tired. Caring for a child is time consuming. I'll drink and leave. It's not fair to eat food that was never earned.

Sumiyoshi: You shouldn't say that! We owe you, our lives! Had you not saved us before, our child wouldn't have been born.

Yoriichi didn't respond but drank the tea.

Sumiyoshi: I will respect your wishes. But I shall tell my children and their children about you!

Yoriichi: It's not really necessary.

Sumiyoshi: But who will remember you, if you have your descendants? I maybe a simple charcoal seller, I can sure your legacy if you...

Yoriichi: Sumiyoshi, those who master their true strength all arrive at the same place. Even if the time changes of the path changes, that place shall remain the same. Saying I'm special, is merely just makes me pity myself even more. I was unable to protect those closest to me. And I was unable to accomplish anything that I wished I should have in this life. My life has no value.

Sumiyoshi: (No.) Don't talk like that about yourself. Please. Your life means more than you could imagine. The way you talk down on yourself, it's sad. So very sad.

His voice begins to change to Tanjiro's. It was shown that Tanjiro who was crying as he woke, was having a dream through a memory as he was in his bed on his personal quarters in the Sun Mansion. He was covered in bandages from his head to his chest and his right hand.

Tanjiro: Was that a dream? What's happening?

Just at that moment, the sound of a vase shattering was heard as Kanao saw that Tanjiro was awake. She rushes to his side. 

Kanao: Are you all right? After Yoshiwara, you been in a coma for two months.

Tanjiro: That long?

In a relief, Kanao hugged him.

Kanao: I'm glad that you're awake.

Meanwhile, a kakushi member was carrying a tray of food.

??: (My name is Goto. I'm a Kakushi, the clean-up brigade of the demon slayers corps. I have a fateful connection with the Sun Hashira. I was present during the Hashira meeting many months ago. I'm also the one who found him and the others in the destroyed Entertainment District. They were all huddled together like they were hugging. But they were just unconscious. They're younger than I am, but they're the true swordsmen who risked their lived fighting. That gives me total respect for them. And right now, I'm carrying a tray of delicious castella. It's taking all of my willpower from eating this food. I still don't know why they keep delivering food to him, while he's unconscious. I heard that his nose is indeed strong, so I wonder if he'll wake up if I ser it near him.)

But as he enters Tanjiro's room, he finds the broken vase and Kanao by Tanjiro's bed.

Goto: Are you really ignoring this mess Kanao? (And she was finally able to do things on her own will. She's a strange girl. She only talks to the Thunder Tsuguko which I heard is her lover. I honestly hate how they draft them into the corps as kids. But she outranks me, so my word is pointless. Even though I'm 23.)