Part 21: The bomb!

NO ONE POV

Denji had introduced you to Reze a while back. You two got a long good. But there is some tension between the two of you. Ehem.

The 3 of you went to a carnival you, being the thirdwheeler. "My boy getting to older..."

"Hey yeah Denji am gonna go take a leak." You said rushing to a bathroom.

"Yeah. Yeah..." He said not caring about you and focusing his attention to Reze.

~~~~

"The old man who runs the cafe told me about htis place. It's a secret spot where noone ever comes, but it's got the best view of the firworks."

"Hmmm..." Denji kneeled on the fence.

"Hey denji."

"Yeah?"

"I thought about it a lot but the situation you're in is really weird. You're just 16, but they're not letting you go to school and are forcing you to fight to the death with devils. That isnt something a country should be allowing to happen."

"Why don't you quit.. And run away with me?"

"I'll make you happy. I'll protect all your life. Please."

"Yo denji! I got the three of us ice cream...." You looked at the scene before you.

"Run... far away... Like where?"

"If i ask someone i know we can go somewhere the bureau will never find you. If it's there... Maybe not right now but someday we'll be able to go to school together."

"Why all of a sudden..?"

"Because I..."

"I like you Denji."

"Why are you so bothered by that? Do you not like me?"

"No, I do like you!"

"But... Recently I've been acknowledged at work... And I can move around more without being monitored now too."

"I'm gradually learning how to handle my buddy's shitty personality... And I'm finally starting to get along a bit better with the guy who was always such a jerk."

"I found something sort of like a goal in the job, And it's starting to get more and more enjoyable now..."

"And my pal... He.. He really means a lot to me. He takes care of me. Makes me happy. Like a lot happy! Always acknowledges me. Always treating me like a person!"

"If I keep working, can I not  still... See you?"

"I see. I get it."

"Your heart belongs to another."

"Huh?" Denji and Reze each other. Fireworks setting off.

The fireworks going off beautifully. The citizens enjoying, and watching the firework show go on.

Denji fell back. Blood dripping down. Reze bit down on Denji's tongue. Real hard making it slice in half.

Tears flow down on Denji's cheeks. Denji reached over for his ripcord. Reze holding a knife. Reze had cut Denji's hand off!

Reze bent down. She held his head up. And kissed him lovingly. "It hurts right? I'm sorry."

"Hey, I'm going to take your heart okay?"

Shit. SHIT! SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

You replayed that word in your brain a whole lot of times. You dropped the ice cream.

"BEAM GET DENJI AND GO!" You said dashing as fast as you can.

"DASH!"

"HUH?!"