Part 42 : The future.

"..."

"!!!" M/n ended up in the place being teleported in the... Backrooms. "Hey." M/n looks down at the voice, Sal. "Sal! Why did ya put me in this place?! You know Denji can't handle the falling devil by h-"

"Shh. Shut up."

"Wha?" Sal's voice wasn't the same loud and booming like it was. "I put you here because I know your going to do something reckless."

"Duh!"

"Dumbass." M/n huffed, being taught a lesson by the devil. "What is it. What is it that your gonna tell me?"

"That your a dumbass."

"HEY! RUDE! I GOT LIKE B+ ON MY MATH EXAM!! AND IT HAD ALGEBRA!"

"...Ok not a dumbass more of a stupid-ass."

"Ok that's just plain out dumb."

"Yeah I know."

"But the real thing why did you even place me here?"

"Just like you said I have something to tell you."

"..?"

"Denji is really in a pickle."

"YEAH! SO GET ME OUT OF THIS STINKING PLACE! A-" M/n got tossed, getting sent flying. CRASH! BOOM... OUCH!

"Awwie..." M/n says touching his touchy. "My butt!" M/n says rubbing his ass. "THAT HURT SAL!" M/n yelled at the devil. "Am right here no need to shout."

"O-Oh..."

"Have you ever heard of tarot cards M/n?" This was leading to no where. M/n knew, but he still nodded. "Yeah. Arcana." Sal's mouth curved up in a deviant smile. "Good. I'll be telling your future."

"Ok this is really leading to no where. Now is not a good time to-"

"Shhh..." The devil once again shushes M/n. M/n eyes darts around the room as it changes. "...Whoa." M/n mumbles under his breath, the whole room has changed into a smaller more relaxing type of room being homey vibe.

M/n wonders how Sal can even shuffle the deck of cards. "..." The room was silent. M/n folds his arms as he closes his eyes already knowing what to do. "The reversed moon." Sal says holding the tarot card, that was previously on the table.

A full moon with a crescent within, twin pillars, two dogs/ wolves howling, a stream that runs to the ocean, a crayfish emerging from the water. "What does it have for me..?" M/n said having been confused right from the start, he didn't like where this was going. He was worried for his friend's sake.

"We're gambling here Sal we are losing time. By the minute." M/n mutters angry at the devil in front of him. "The reversed moon. Unusual dreams. One's that have kept bothering you."

"That's true.." M/n's eyes pierced Sal's. "The next?" Sal uncovered the next one. Death. "DEATH?!" Sal nodded, fearing for what's to come. M/n looks at Sal worried, fear bubbling up inside him. "Don't worry it might have another meaning."

"..So what does it say?!" The answer comes clearly for Sal. "Mortality..."

"Am destined to die?"

"Permanently."

"When?"

"Soon."

"Do I have enough time to say goodbye?"

"Yes..."

"Now the last one.. Gimme it." The last tarot card, M/n hoping the better. "Hanged man."

"..."

"It tells me... Letting go. Letting go is the better decision."

"...Letting go? (LET IT GOOOO LET IT GOOOO)"

"Yes... Something important."

"Something like my life here?"

"Exactly something like that."

"My future is rough... Why did you even tell me this?"

"Another devil had told me."

"Is it the future devil or something?"

":)"

"Can I help my pal now...?"

"Yes."

~~~~

"..." M/n was now free from that room. Some hot tears go down his face. CRASHHH!

M/n looks down seeing that Denji was in trouble like he thought. The falling devil holding a grocery bag? It seems that Denji has got this.

"Mitaka." M/n says breaking his choker. Getting out of there. M/n was silent through all of this. Being in a tight situation from all the death.

And his future. M/n looks to his side seeing the falling devil, and Mitaka. KABOOOM!

M/n smashed the devil into a spaghetti of the guts and blood of it. "!!" "STUPID BOY!"

"Stupid chef." The falling devil regenerated once again. "Our stupid little fight wasn't over and you yeeted me out of the fight!" M/n grumbled at the falling devil. As he sent his fists at the falling devil. Explosion over explosion.

"I'm not a punching bag...!" "SHIIIII" M/n was yeeted again. "Santa maria. SANTA MARIA!!!" M/n prayed, two hands wrapped him in a hug. "Nani? REZE!!!" M/n says seeing his girlfriend had saved him from falling to his demise.

"There you are! I've been trying to find you since Denji had been fighting." M/n's heart twisted in worry. "At least I'm here now right?"

"Now c'mon. We gotta save that idiot!" M/n says putting up an act to make his girlfriend not worry for his future. "Quick there!" M/n pointed at Mitaka and the falling devil.