Chapter 25

~Brooke's POV~

After Matt had left the room I went to my spot on the pull out bed and turned the TV on. The noise of some BBC news show filled the room, but I was too distracted to watch. I jumped onto my feet and went to the toilet.

I stood in front of a rather large mirror. My eye was already beginning to heal, but it still pulsed with pain. Thank God. I don't think I could hide it much longer. Not that it really mattered, people had already seen it.

I lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach and ran my eyes over the old bruises and scratches from my father's hand. I took my fingers and ran them over each and every one, wincing in pain in the process. None were fresh, which made me happy. As long as I didn't go back, I'll be free. I'll never feel his punches or kicks to my delicate body ever again.

This made me think. What would I be doing without Matt? Where would I be? Knowing my luck, I would probably be living in some nasty ally way, all dirty and freezing at night, and begging on the street. Who knows, I could possibly be dead by now. Although that would be a better thing than being homeless.

For the first time in my - for the most part - miserable life, I felt happy. I finally felt the bliss I had felt from my childhood, but in a different form.

I walked back into the main area of the room and almost fainted at what I had seen on the TV. It was a picture of Matt and the man he punched in my defense. The headline read:

MAN CLAIMS ASSAULT BY DOCTOR WHO STAR MATT SMITH.

My heart dropped to the lowest part of my feet. Of course the fucking media doesn't give the full story. Although, there could be a chance that they didn't get the other side, but I'm sure if they did, they wouldn't broadcast it anyway. They'll do anything to bring drama to the table.

In a fit of rage I turned the TV off and threw the remote forcefully into the ground. Tears started to stream my face, leaving it red and somewhat puffy. I ran to the window of the of the room and looked out into the now cloudy city of London.

He's gonna lose so many fans because of this. Hell, he might even lose his job. The iconic role that is the Doctor. And for what? To defend someone he probably felt obligated to defend anyway?

I really hope they aren't watching the news wherever they are...