Chapter 1

“YOU LITTLE BITCH!”

My father screamed at me as I received multiple blows to my body. I was used to it, though. My father has beaten me since I was a little girl. My mother dying really took a toll on him.

Yes, my name is Brooke Alexandra Miller. My mother died when I was four years old. I’ve never been to public school, I rarely leave the house, and my father abuses me, and I’m 23 years old. Do you know how it feels to be 23 years old with no friends and no education? Yeah, it sucks.

“YOU’RE SO FUCKING STUPID! NO GUY WILL EVER LOVE YOU!”

I lied there and said nothing, knowing that if I fought back it would only make things worse. I tried to drown out the insults and the pain by thinking of my mother. She was the sweetest person I’ve ever known. I remember lying on her lap every night as she read Bible verses to me. Her favourite verse was Romans 5:8.

“But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us.”

I have this verse memorized by heart due to my mom reading it to me every night. It calms me when my father is violent.

I was jarred from my thoughts as my father threw me in my bedroom. Still screaming, he shut my door and locked me in.

“I’m going to the liquor store for more booze. If I come back and you’re not here, I swear on your mother’s grave I’ll kill you.”

30 seconds later I heard the door slam. I tried to cry, but I couldn’t. I was just physically incapable of crying since my mom passed away. The only emotion I could feel that was remote to normal was anger towards my father. If not that, then I just felt numb.

I’ve dealt with 19 years of his abuse and I was sick of it. There have been times when I wanted to physically cause harm to myself. Maybe even kill myself. I wouldn’t have to deal with his shit, then.

Nahhh, I have a better idea. I’ll just run away. As far as I possibly can, and hide.

Short chapter woooo. Sorry about that. Anyways I was debating on whether or not to post this, and I decided to. So I hope you guys enjoy it. I apologize in advance for any grammar/spelling mistakes that I make.

-Taylor