Chapter 24

~Brooke's POV~

We were scheduled to have lunch in a private location in the hotel. Karen and Alex left the room, leaving Matt and I alone.

"Hang on, I need to go get something. I'll be back in a moment." Matt walked out of the hotel room, leaving the door open. I kept an eye on him as he walked across the hall to his room. He came back with his hands behind his back.

"What are you trying to hide?" I said smiling.

He pulled a bouquet of red roses from behind him. I felt my jaw drop as he handed them to me.

"Matt that is incredibly sweet." My heart fluttered and a warmth spread through my chest as I took them from his grasp. "When did you find the time to get these?"

"I dropped by at the gift shop after I settled into the room. Those roses had your name written all over them"

I smiled and engulfed him in a hug. He didn't have to do any of this for me.

"Oh I almost forgot." He reached in his back pocket and pulled out a mobile phone and tried handing it to me.

"It's so we can stay in contact while we're here. You won't have to use the hotel phone." I was nearly in tears.

"When did you get this?"

"Remember when we shopped for you and I said there was something I wanted to do first? Well it was to get you a mobile phone before we left. I wanted it to be easy for us to be in touch."

I was grateful that he would do such a thing for me, but there was a naggy feeling in the back of my head. Like something was telling me this was some kind of act.

That he didn't actually care for me...

"Hellooooo? Earth to Brooke..." I snapped back to reality.

"I'm sorry Matt, I don't think I can accept this. Everything you've done for me is wonderful and I appreciate it, but don't you think this might be going over the top? I mean, you've only known me for..." I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. I instinctively flinched back for a moment, but then relaxed into the kiss.

The feeling of my heart skipping a beat returned, but this time it was intensified. I also felt my stomach churn, but in a good way if that makes sense?

We both finally pulled away. The room was completely silent, as well as outside into the corridor. So quiet you could hear a pin drop. My heart continued to beat in its non-rhythmic pattern. Matt spoke a few moments later.

"Well...are you coming? We're late for lunch."

I still had that churning - but pleasing - feeling in my stomach.

"No thanks. I'm not all that hungry. I'll just wait until dinner time this evening." Matt's face developed a red tint to it.

"...Brooke I'm sorry. It was just a heated moment. I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable."

I could tell he felt embarrassed. I wanted to tell him that I enjoyed it, but my mouth couldn't form the words. I didn't have any words to say. There are no words in the known English language that could describe the way I felt.

There was only one other thing I could think to do. I brought my hands up and cupped his jaw and and brought my lips to his once again. The feelings in my heart and stomach intensified further.

We pulled away once again, but this time it ended with my head on his shoulder. I finally managed to whisper to him.

"Don't tell the others about this. Please. Okay?" There was a three second pause.

"Okay." He whispered back to me. (A/N hurr hurr see what I did therrre xD...don't hurt me pls.)

We pulled apart from our embrace. He was about to walk out the door before I realized he placed the mobile phone he got me on the counter.

"Matt." I called for him just as he reached the door. He turned around.

"Take it." I said, pointing to the counter.

He didn't say anything, but picked it up and put it in his back pocket. Walking out the door, he turned back and gave me a slight smile. He then shut the door behind him as he walked out into the otherwise quiet corridor.

Any doubts I had about him not actually caring about me were dashed. I could tell he cared for me. Not like any man - including my own father - ever has.

Awwwwww first romantic moment! Hope you enjoy. I think I'm finally gaining a bit more inspiration for this book :)

-Taylor