Chapter 23

~Brooke's POV~

"Brooke, would you mind if I spoke to you?" My heart dropped. It was Steven. And I knew exactly what he was going to ask me about.

I turned around to see him moving toward me with his arms crossed.

"Of course not." I said, trying to keep my voice stable. He leaned on the wall of the hotel building.

"I just wanted to ask how everything has been since you...well...you know."

"Oh...uh...it's been absolutely brilliant. I've made so many awesome friends."

"Glad to hear it." His mouth formed into a half smile. "I just wanted to make sure everything was going great."

And with that he walked back to the bus to help some of the crew members.
That was an odd and awkward
conversation. Oh well. At least he didn't ask about my eye.

I started back toward the door of the hotel we were staying at. Matt, Karen, Arthur, and Alex were chatting while they waited for me.

We headed upstairs to our rooms. Matt and Arthur had a room across the hall from Karen, Alex, and I. The room was beautiful. It had an open main room with a pull out bed, a bedroom with two beds, a toilet, a small kitchen, and a balcony overlooking the city. (A/N I had a hotel room like this when I took a school trip to Washington D.C. It was amazing.)

I was so into looking around I didn't even notice my jaw was basically touching the floor. I heard the girls giggle.

"I take it you've never been to a hotel."
I heard Karen say from behind me.

"I have ages ago, but not recently. I didn't think hotel rooms could be this fancy."

Alex sat on the sofa. "It also has free wifi. That's the best part." We laughed and talked for a couple minutes until we heard a knock on our door. Alex got up and opened the door, and in came Matt and Arthur. We stayed in our room and chatted until lunchtime came around.

Hey. This is just a filler chapter. I'm sorry I haven't been updating. Getting ready for college is a huge pain :/ anyways I'll try to write more tonight. Love you<3
-Taylor