Chapter 16

~Karen's POV~

I drifted in and out of sleep during the movie. It's so confusing. You literally can't tell what's a dream and what's real.

I glanced over and saw Brooke was already asleep. Can't blame her. I should have picked a better movie. Oh well. Too late now. I picked up my phone and sent Matt a text.

Me: Hey! When are you coming back?

Matt: When I'm done.

Me: Don't get smart with me, fez

boy. What time?

Matt: Maybe a half hour at the most. At least I'm off for the rest of the week. I'm worried about Brooke.

Me: She's fine. We went out to eat and watched a movie. Then we came back to my place and read through my script and talked. Then I put a movie in she fell asleep and here we are. By the way you locked your door so we couldn't go inside genius.

Matt: I'm glad you two had fantastic day in paradise. Do you have work tomorrow?

Me: Yeah. Me, Arthur, and Alex have to do a few scenes.

Matt: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Me: ...real mature. I'll see you in half an hour.

Matt: K:)

I opened up the twitter app and scrolled through it. I tweeted about the new episode.

KarenGillan2 (A/N her real twitter): Expect this new episode of Who to be amazing!!! ;)

~Matt's POV~

Steven was finally satisfied with the filming we've done so I was finally free to head back to the trailers. I pulled out my phone to check the time. 19:30. Pretty late for some.

I decided to walk back to my trailer and unlock my door and set down my script and things before walking over to Karen's to get Brooke.

I walked through my door and set down my script, and my phone. After I set my things down I walked over next door to Karen's trailer, still in my costume.

I lightly knocked, careful not to wake Brooke, if she was still sleeping. No answer. I knocked a little louder, but still quietly. Still no answer. Seriously Kazza. You should be watching. I ran back to my trailer next door and grabbed my phone. Yeah. Just to text her. I ran back over and texted her.

Me: HEY ANSWER YOUR DOOR!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DEAF????

Karen: okay okay I didn't hear you knock. Calm down.

I waited and Karen opened the door and peeked her head out. She opened the door wider to let me in. When I entered I seen Brooke on the sofa, fast asleep. I leaned over and whispered to Karen.

"I don't want to wake her. What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Carry her back. Just be gentle so you don't wake her."

I tiptoed over to a sleeping Brooke. I put one hand under her neck and the other under her knees and picked her up bridal style. She was really light. Even lighter than I had expected. Her head leaned against my chest. Thankfully I didn't wake her. She continued to sleep peacefully.

~Brooke's POV~

"I don't want to wake her, what am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Carry her back. Just be gentle so you don't wake her."

I then heard small and light footsteps walking toward me. It was still for a second before I felt one hand under my neck and the other under my knees as I was lifted off the sofa.

I felt my head against his chest. I could hear his heartbeat. It was calming. It could put me back to sleep if I would let it.

"Thanks for keeping her company, Kazza. I'm sure she had a better time with you than she would have on set. Now go get sleep. You have business to attend to tomorrow."

"You're welcome, Matt." There were a few more whispers that weren't audible, and then Matt walked out with me into the cool air.

The air touched my skin and I shivered a bit. I felt his grip on me become tighter. He's trying to keep me warm. I felt my stomach flip and I felt a warm emotion running through my veins.

Matt walked through his door and shut it behind him with his foot. He then carried me through a long corridor. Wait. My place is on the sofa. Where is he going?

He took me into his bedroom and laid me down in his bed. He started out. Oh hell no. If he's so persistent on getting me to sleep in this bed, I'm not sleeping in it alone.

"Hey if you think I'm sleeping in this bed by myself you have another thing coming." I could see Matt's silhouette jump in surprise.

"How long were you awake?"

"Since you walked through Karen's door."

"Oh. Wait you pretended to be asleep?"

"Yes." I said, stretching the s sound.

"Oh. Sorry what?"

"I said if you think I'm sleeping in this bed by myself, you have another thing coming."

"So you're saying if I sleep in this bed with you then you will stay?"

"I guess I did." My true personality has sass. I like that.

"Can I get my costume off first?"

"Sure. But then you better come back here so I'm not alone, or I'm going back out to sleep on that sofa." It was dark, but I seen him smiling at me before getting clothes and walking out into the bathroom. How did I feel so comfortable around him already? I suppose because since I trusted Karen, I knew there would most likely be ass kicking if he hurt me.

After a few minutes, Matt walked in and lied next to me. There wasn't much physical contact. He was just lying next to me. Our arms touched, but that was about it. It was good enough for me. He was warm. I fell asleep almost as soon as he lied down next to me.