Chapter 9

~Brooke's POV~

I stepped out of the shower and got dressed. I tied my red hair up in a bun and walked back out to the main room where Matt was.

He was already dressed for bed. He had on a white short sleeved shirt that showed off his muscular arms. I tried not to stare at them, but I couldn't help myself. He was just so attractive.

"Hey. I have to be on set early in the morning for filming. My boss was angry that I left so suddenly today." Great. Now I got his boss angry with him. Way to go, Brooke. Way to go.

Matt continued speaking as he walked up to me. "I set up a place for you to sleep on the sofa, since you won't take the bed. I also made you tea if you want it."

"Thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it." I said.

"It's no problem, Brooke. Really it isn't. I enjoy your company to be honest. Well, goodnight. I may or may not be here when you wake up. I'll come back at around lunchtime to check on you." He reached out his hand and quickly caressed my face before walking to his bedroom. He turned around to say one last thing. "Oh and feel free to watch TV if you'd like. The remote is on the end table." And with that he entered his room and lightly shut his door.

I walked over to the sofa and took a few sips of the tea Matt had made me. It was peppermint, which was my mum's favourite. All the memories of her came back once more. I remembered when I was sick she would make me peppermint tea to calm my stomach. She would always comfort me and read stories to me as we drank our tea together. Why did she have to go? Why couldn't it have been me? She didn't deserve what happened. The memories almost became to much.

I sat the tea down and turned on the telly, trying to get mind off of my grief. I flipped through channel after channel after I came across a show called "Sherlock". It looked pretty interesting so I decided I should give it a chance.

15 minutes of watching went by and I became addicted. I always loved mystery and detective type stories. And this Benedict Cumberbatch fellow was quite handsome. Almost if not just as attractive as Matt.

I finished the episode and then another one came on. I wanted to stay up and watch it, but I began to feel my eyes become heavy. It wasn't even 15 minutes in before I finally passed out.

(A/N short and sucky chapter. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I promise I'll make it better. I just had to get it to a place where I can make it more interesting. Love you<3)

-Taylor