Chapter 6

WARNING: This chapter contains someone almost getting sexually abused. You have been warned.

YAY I FINALY UPDATED. I've been having writer's block lately, so I don't know if this will be a good chapter or not. Reguardless, I hope you enjoy it :D

Taylor

Chapter 6

(Brooke’s POV)

My head started pounding and my eyes were sensitive to the light. I must’ve fallen asleep. I looked around at the people near me. Some were reading books and magazines, others were on their mobile phones, and some were sleeping. I took a deep breath, hoping we would arrive soon. My back was starting to kill me. Dustin nudged me a bit and handed me a piece of paper.

I saw he had sloppily scribbled a phone number on it. He gave me a slight smile, but remained silent. I opened my mouth to say something, but I was interrupted.

“We will arrive in Cardiff in 5 minutes. Please gather all personal belongings and please put all rubbish in the designated bin up front. Thank you.”

Dustin gave me the “what were you going to say” look.

“I…ugh…thank you.” What? Brooke are you stupid?

“Why don’t you give me a call sometime? I think we could become great friends.” His voice became more flirtatious. “…maybe something more?” I started feeling uncomfortable. He seemed okay at first, but now I think there’s something…off…about him. Like he has a history that I don’t know about.

“I…appreciate it…I will be sure to do that.” Really Brooke!? You just did it again. What will he think when he doesn’t get a call from you? Now can you see why your father treated you the way he did? What? No. No one deserves to be treated that way. He can go to hell for all I care.

“Brooke? You’re doing it again. Are you going to answer my question?” Damn.

“Oh uh. Sorry. What was your question again?”

“Well you told me before you were coming to Cardiff to attend university. I asked what university you were attending.” Oh God, not this question again. I felt my stomach turn as I tried to think of some believable name for a fake university.

I was going to say something, but I was interrupted again. Thank God.

“Bus 10 has arrived in Cardiff. Please exit in single file and make sure all personal belongings are with you. Thank you for traveling with us.” People started shuffling and exiting the bus.

I started down the bus isle, with Dustin following me. We finally got off and we were standing on the sidewalk with people walking around us. The sun was shining, but it was really chilly, as it was getting late. It must’ve been around 19:00. I shivered a bit and spoke.

“Listen, I would love to chat with you, but I really must get going. It’s getting late and I still have a lot of work to do.” Dustin seemed sad.

“Of course, I won’t keep you. You have my mobile number, feel free to give me a call anytime. Perhaps we could hang out sometime, get to know each other better.”

I said goodbye to him and he gave me an awkward hug. After he disappeared into the crowd of people I quickly walked the other direction. I felt bad for leading him on, but what else was I supposed to do? I’m awkward around people. I guess it’s pretty understandable since I haven’t properly been around people since my father withdrew me from primary school.

I checked around the bus station to see if I could find a decent place to sleep until morning. It took me about a full 45 minutes, but I settled on a deserted alleyway between a post office and a clothing shop. Slowly I entered it. It was dark from the growing darkness, making me even colder than before. I leaned my shoulder against the wall, putting my hands under my armpits in attempt to warm them.

There was a tight grip on my shoulder, causing me to jump. I heard the cocking of a gun, which was then pointed at my head.

“Listen, girl. You will do as I say and you won’t get hurt. Understood?” A man’s voice said. I started shaking.

“Y-Yes sir.”

He quickly turned me around. I couldn’t make out his facial features since it was getting dark. Not like I should even try, he was wearing shades anyways.

The man dragged me further down the alleyway, the gun still pointed at my head. When we reached the end, he gently set his gun next to his feet, and took off his shoes, shirt, and trousers. Oh. My. God. I know where this is going, and I don’t like it.

The man must’ve saw the expression on my face, because he quickly put his hand over my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

“I think you know where this is going.” He said seductively. I had to do something. I wasn’t ready for this. I didn’t know this man, and I always planned on keeping my body pure until I was married.

As he got my shoes off, I went into defense mode. Instinctively, I kicked his face as hard as I could. He groaned in pain, being knocked to the ground. I then kicked the gun out of his reach.

I ran as fast I could away from the alleyway, not stopping for anything. A few people coming out of the post office tried getting my attention, but I just blew them off. There was no time to stop and talk to people. I had to get away from here quickly before the man could find me. Why did bad things always happen to me? Why couldn’t my mum just have taken me with her that day? Maybe then I could be with her in heaven. My life has literally been nothing but a disaster. I wish I had a normal life like most people. With loving parents, perhaps a boyfriend. I had no-

“Ooof” I fell to the ground. Oh no. I ran into someone. Now what am I going to do? Now I’m just a burden to someone else.

I looked around to see cameras and artificial lighting. I even seen a blue box that said “police public call box” on the top of it. What is this place?

There was someone kneeled down next to me. He was wearing a red bowtie, a light brown tweed jacket, suspenders, and trousers that were a bit too short on him. His hair was a dark brown, and was styled in a side swept fringe. He was pretty handsome if I do say so myself.

He held out his hand to help me up. I hesitated for a moment, but grabbed it.

He pulled me up and held me to his side. I couldn’t stand on my own from shaking, both from the cold and fear. So I leaned on him. He handled me very gently.

“Are you alright, love?” His voice was calming.

I didn’t say anything. Everyone was looking at us.

“Come on, I’ll take you to a more private place.” I nodded and he helped me walk forward.

I know what you’re thinking. Brooke, you’re actually going to trust this man? After the encounter you just been in? The answer is yes. There was something about him. He was gentle and calming. He was a good person. And I knew it for sure this time.

We slowly but surely walked away from the cameras and lights. People still stared blankly at us, specifically me. I don’t blame them. I would probably do the same thing.

“My name is Matt by the way.”

I tried to respond, but nothing would come from my mouth. We just continued walking.