The Missing Shadow 💚

💚

Although Ominis and Y/N didn't report Sebastian Sallow, he was called into the Ministry of Magic during his 6th year at Hogwarts. Sebastian was found guilty of murder using an unforgivable curse, so he sent what he thought were his final owls: a heartfelt apology to Ominis and a love letter to Y/N with his wand handle as a remembrance.

To his surprise, Sebastian had a choice because his uncle had left the Ministry on much worse terms than he realized. Anne Sallow was being treated by the Department of Mysteries, and they wanted him to work as an Auror to cover her expenses. He could either die working as one of the youngest Aurors ever or die in Azkaban.

No one expected him to live for very long, but Sebastian was a skilled duelist. He overcame challenge after challenge. Slowly, Sebastian grew to enjoy being an Auror. He can use Dark Magic whenever he wants and travel the world to break curses or catch criminals. Anne eventually made a full recovery and joined him. They even gained a considerable amount of respect among their colleagues.

When he told Y/N that he wasn't dead or rotting away in Azkaban, he took a step back from what he said in the love letter. Partially out of embarrassment. Mostly because he knew he wouldn't be back in Scotland for a long time. She said it was fine, but she was keeping the wand handle as payment for emotional damages. They tried their best to keep in touch, but long-distance owls occasionally got lost. He missed her.

——————

Sebastian's Perspective

"Professors Y/N and Gaunt save Hogsmeade from Troll Attack at Night." Of course, she's still making headlines in the Daily Prophet. The media outlets love her.

I thought back to the first time I showed her around Hogsmeade. It's a fairly small article, but it contains a picture of them looking quite shy... and holding hands?!

I guess they've gotten really close over time, and it's embarrassing to think my feelings haven't changed.

"Good Morning Sebastian," Anne yawned while entering the kitchen.

"What's so good about it?" I scoff. Feeling a bit guilty over my attitude, I peek at my twin sister over the newspaper. She looked back at me and slowly slammed a second mug on the counter, jokingly mad. I smile. To avoid questioning, I look back at the newspaper as she poured us coffee.

"Thunderbrew potions: a bit better with more Shrivelfig Fruit?"
"Dark Wizard gang arrested in London."
"Nora Treadwell's new findings on Merlin!"

Nothing particularly upsetting. I could tell Anne was looking over my shoulder for what agitated me when she set the coffee down, so I closed the paper.

"Are you worried about moving back to Feldcroft for our next assignment?" She finally asked. "A bit," I respond. Anne probably assumes I hated Feldcroft because of everything that happened in the catacombs, yet I'd consider it home if she was there. I'm actually worried about...

Anne nodded and drank her coffee, "I'm nervous about being back too. I invited some old friends to join us at the Three Broomsticks tomorrow."

——— • ——— • ——— • ——— • ———