Stargazing Trip 💚 Sunset

💚

Sebastian's Perspective

I was surprised to find that this old Ashwinder hideout is still active. If I had known, we probably wouldn't have strolled in so casually.

"Find any relevant documents as soon as possible," our leader ordered. Everything about her reads as cute and harmless except her actions. She began taking down as many Ashwinders as she could with the most chaotic spells possible.

Anne used Disillusionment and disappeared. I began casting Confringo and Expelliarmus on the incoming enemies who seemed to think bragging about their combat previous experience would help them. I tried to stay aware of Anne's location, just in case, and became reckless with my own positioning.

Diffindo. Our leader sliced up an Ashwinder Assassin right next to me. The blood got everywhere. I closed my eyes and wiped off one side of my face. "Thanks," I said, wishing that she'd cast Glacius instead.

Anne returned a while later. She looked at me in horror. "I'm fine," I reassured her. "Did you find anything interesting?" I asked, looking at the papers in her hands.

"There's no direct proof, but I found more recent letters talking about Harlow's release... and something about ancient magic repositories. I'm not sure what that means," Anne said.

While Y/N's ability to use ancient magic made headlines, the dark ancient magic repositories were kept secret. I knew from finding Isadora's pensieve with her. Otherwise, she only told the professors who defended Hogwarts during Ranrok's attack. I wasn't sure if I should say anything without her approval.

Our leader took the letters from Anne and briefly read them. "Interesting. Let's leave for the day then. I'll see you both when I figure out our next steps," she said.

Anne and I discreetly returned to Feldcroft. She began packing for the stargazing trip, and I immediately took a shower. I promised Ominis and Y/N that I would be a better person, but four years later, I'm still drenched in other people's blood.

Afterward, I went to pack. "Seb..." Anne was upset.

"I know," I responded. My arm was a bit sliced up as well, and still bleeding. Anne made me sit beside her, and she fixed the way I wrapped a bandage with one hand.

——————

Every few months, the sky conditions would be perfect for stargazing, and Amit Thakkar liked to host camping trips for friends. It would be Anne and Sebastian's first time at one of these astronomy events.

During their time at Hogwarts, Sebastian thought Amit was strange at first. He was always awake looking at the stars when Sebastian snuck around at night. They eventually became good friends, so Amit invited him the moment he heard he was back.

——————

Y/N's Perspective

I arrived late. The sun was setting, and the sky cast a pastel light over the scene. Everyone was already talking around the astronomy table, except Garreth who was still setting up seven charmed tents.

"Hey," I said as I put my backpack and broom beside one of the tents.

"Perfect timing," Garreth said. I turned to face him, and he got down on one knee. Garreth brought the ring with him and presented it in his hands as though he was proposing. I laughed.

"Y/N," he said with a corny smile, "The ring is indeed goblin metal, but it's a wedding ring that was dipped in celestrium. It's a common practice for cosmetic purposes and only the outside rusted."