𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑴𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑹𝑼𝑬

✶ ⎯ ✶ ⎯ ✶ ⎯ ✶

𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 plane, Adella sat nearer the back where a sofa was, Bucky sitting on the edge of it as he cleaned the blood off of his metal arm. Adella didn't usually like the feeling of sitting on leather but since this was a rich jet, the furniture was rich also, meaning the leather was more comfy.

Her thoughts wondered off to her time at HYDRA. How could they have had her for so long and take blood from her, just for it to be useless? Then, years later, a man suddenly made a serum with her blood, which she thought she destroyed.

She touched her forehead, being careful of her cut which now had medical tape on it, and rested her arm against the side, her head leaned more into her hand. All Adella wanted to do, was have her son by her side, but it's too dangerous. The mission has to be complete first.

Bucky's eyes strolled to Adella, noticing she was deep in thought. His foot nudged hers, causing her to look at him.

A soft smile stretched across his lips to the woman. "You okay?"

Adella nodded with a smile. It was so convincing that Bucky almost thought her smile was real, but he knew her. Whenever she's just come out of a trance like that, she wasn't okay, but always gave him a fake smile after so he wouldn't worry.

"Yeah. I'm good."

Not wanting to pry, Bucky nodded, but didn't take his eyes off of her.

The Rogers' watched outside as they flew in the night. The stars weren't there anymore but the navy colour of midnight was enough to make Adella's eyelids close. She leaned back and let her arm drop to her side, her head resting against the back of the sofa.

Bucky got up, trying not to move the couch in doing so and rummaged through a small cupboard. He found a blanket and gently placed it over Addie. A corner of his mouth tugged into a short smile by the sight of Addie sleeping. Kissing her on the forehead, he returned back to his seat.

Sam walked in after being on the phone with Torres. Bucky turned slightly and held his fingers to his lips then pointed to Adella, telling him to be quiet. Sam caught on and sat opposite.

"I can't stop thinking about all the shit Sharon had to go through. And Nagel referring to the 'American test subject' like Isaiah wasn't even a real person. And... when he brought up Adella's past with HYDRA, there was no need for that." Sam quietly spoke, flickering his eyes to the sleeping woman before looking at Bucky. "Just makes me wonder, how many people have to get steamrolled for make way for this hunk of metal."

Bucky's gaze was no longer fixed on Adella as he looked at Sam. "Well, it depends on who you ask. That hunk of metal saved a lot of lives."

"Yeah." Sam nodded, "I get that. All right. Maybe I made a mistake." realisation hitting him that he should've kept the shield.