The CEO

"I can't! I quit!" A secretary who had been hired 3 days ago ran out of the CEO's office.

The doors burst open and Rosé had to take a step back. She watched the woman wipe away tears as she started rapidly packing her desk.

Rosé widened her eyes and rushed to stop her from leaving. It would be on her head again if the secretary quit.

"What are you doing? Don't leave! I'm sure we can sort something out!" Rosé pleaded with her.

The woman stared at her with very serious eyes and said, "I wouldn't wish that woman on my worst enemy!" Then she continued to pack everything in her box.

The woman rounded the desk and opened the drawers while saying, "She called me horrible names! Asked impossible tasks of me! She works 24/7 and expects me to do the same!"

Rosé just stood there with her hand over her face when suddenly the woman *appeared* in front of her and she stumbled back.

"Did you know that she woke me up at 3am to get her a cup of coffee?!!"

Rosé clutched her heart and nodded. "I understand Mrs.Im...but she really needs help!"

"Well, of course she does!" Mrs.Im shouted back. "She is a she-devil! She has no care for anyone's feelings!"

Rosé had heard that exact sentence come out of her friend's other secretaries....and various other people.

Rosé watched Mrs.Im close her office supplies box with a thud and a "hmph!" to lift it into her arms, right before she said, "Good luck finding another person for the job! How can you tolerate someone like that?!"

Rosé pinched the bridge of her nose. She had to draw a line somewhere.

"The person in that office happens to be my best friend."

Mrs.Im sighed and patted her cheek. "Good luck, hon." Before she promptly left with a click of the door.

Rosé scoffed and looked at the CEO of KimTech.

Jennie was going to hear an earful from her.

••••••••

Jennie sat her desk with her laptop open, looking unbothered when Rosé stormed in.

Jennie glanced up at her. "What do you want? I'm busy."

The blonde narrowed her eyes. "Are you telling me that you feel no regret for the situation you put me in AGAIN?!"

Jennie looked at her and sighed. "She was incompetent."

"SHE was the head secretary of Amateur Data Enterprises."

"Then why didn't she stay there?" Jennie asked without hesitation.

Rosé took a deep breath. She loved Jennie. She really did. She just needed to remember that whenever she got on her nerves.

The blonde pasted on a smile. "I made her quit to come here while offering her a higher salary than other applicants."

Jennie frowned. "Well...that was a waste of money. Next time, talk to me."

"I.did." Rosé grounded out and pulled out a manila folder from one of the mile high stacks on the brunette's desk. She dropped it on Jennie's keyboard.

She crossed her arms. "You told me you looked at it. You told me to hire her. You told me she would be perfect!"

Jennie pulled her lips in and looked everywhere except at Rosé.

"I'm sorry." She finally said sheepishly.

Rosé rolled her eyes and took a deep breath. She softened her voice to speak to her but Jennie was already looking at her laptop.

"Jennie."

"Hmmm."

"Jennie."

"What?" She said while still typing away to her heart's desire.

That's it!

Rosé unplugged the WiFi and Jennie shouted, "Hey!"

Rosé held the plug out and smiled cheerily. "We are going out for lunch."

"Why? We can just—" Jennie stopped talking when she saw the menacing look on Rosé face.

Jennie nodded before she ended up on the ground. Or worse gone.

••••••

Jennie sat across from her blonde haired friend and watched her furiously eat her salad while occasionally glancing angrily at the brunette.

She cleared her throat. "I can't help but get the impression that you're mad at me."

"Do I have something to be mad about?" Rosé asked with a raised eyebrow.

That was a trick question. "No...?"

Rosé shrugged with a frown. "Then I am not mad."

"But I can't help getting the feeling that you—"

"I am mad, Jennie!" She shouted. Everyone around them swiveled their heads in their direction.

Jennie just smiled at them and signaled for Rosé to lower her voice.

"Do you know how hard it is to find secretaries for you every time?! There is a rumor going around that the position is cursed!"

Jennie nodded and kept eating. The brunette just listened to Rosé scold her like she usually did. She just needed to ride out the waves then she could talk rationally to her.

"I have to stay up at night and ignore Lisa just so that you will have someone to help you."

"I have you. I don't need anyone else." Jennie replied without missing a beat.

Rosé smiled and leaned into the table to stare at Jennie who was picking at her salad.

"Is that what this is about? You don't want me to leave?"

Jennie glanced up into Rosé's soft brown eyes. The eyes she trusted ever since she was little.

"You know that it will be easier if I take a less...demanding job to be with Lisa and Eun-Sook?"

Jennie waved her off. "I know. I know. You don't have to tell me the details of your love story...again."

The blonde smiled without concern.

They ate in silence after that. It was always comfortable silence. They both weren't big talkers and it was always nice to have company.

Jennie put all of their trash together and drank some water while Rosé stared at her curiously.

Jennie raised her eyebrows in question and drank water again.

"You should get married."

Jennie spit out her water in a spray. Rosé covered her face and before pulling her hands away to an angry Jennie.

The blonde triggered something.

"Don't say that again." Jennie said threateningly.

"I just-"

"No."

"At least let me-"

"No."

"I know someone—"

"Park Chae-young! Enough!" She said Rosé's full name and narrowed her eyes. Then she shook her head and sighed.

"You know that I can only marry someone to help the company....that spot will always be reserved for someone else."

Rosé leaned back. "And what if you fall in love?"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "That will never happen."

••••••••••

To be continued 😉