Do you Really, Really Love Me?

Disclaimer: A Panic attack is mentioned
..........................................................................................................................................
Jisoo walked into her work on Monday after that Saturday at Jennie's place.

She had thought about Jennie from the moment she left her place on Saturday to her desk on Monday. The raven kept replaying their hug and her laughter over and over again in her head. It didn't help that she also spent a ton of her time staring at the picture she took 5 years ago.

She laughed humorlessly. This is getting out of hand. I spent my entire weekend dreaming about Jennie. About her hair. Her perfume. Her soft and smooth skin. Her gummy smile. Her cheeks. Her laugh. Her incredible....incredible body....when I should be getting over this...this...whatever this is. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE CRUSHES!!!

She slammed her binders and files on her desk. I think I'll just have to gaslight myself into thinking I don't have a dumb crush! I literally stumbled over my words with her every time she got close! I'm Jisoo! I'm supposed to be the smooth-talker...the girl that can pick-up anyone at a bar....the girl who does not currently have a crush on a women who's going to get engaged in 2 months! I don't like Jennie! I don't like Jennie! I don't like—

"Jisoo?" The raven jumped back with wide eyes and fell into her chair.

Jennie frowned and rushed around in concern but Jisoo stood up quickly and held her arm out. She forced a smile. "What can I do for you, Jen—Ms.Kim?"

Jennie smiled. "I just came to give you this." She handed Jisoo a file and Jisoo took it slowly. "I also wanted to say...Good morning."

Jisoo blinked. This was...out of the blue. She had just worn her black pantsuit and light makeup. And Jennie usually wore a pantsuit too but now she had worn a long tight fitting skirt with a white sleeveless top and a suit jacket. Her neck was decorated with pearls and...she had black eyeliner on.

It was a whole different Jennie. "What's the special occasion?" Jisoo pointed vaguely to the brunette's outfit.

Jennie's eyes widened and a pink twinge came on her cheeks. "Oh! I...it's...JJ is coming back early from the States."

Jisoo felt a throb in her chest but she ignored it. Whatever she was feeling for Jennie would pass. "That's great news! Is there anything I can do?"

Jennie looked like she wanted to say something but she shook her head. She gave a smile, said bye and went into her office with a soft click.

Jisoo saw Rosé walked in with a big cup of coffee but she peered suspiciously at Jisoo. Jisoo frowned and raised an eyebrow in question. Rosé shook her head and walked into Jennie's office.

••••••••••

Jennie looked up as Rosé walked in with a huge cup of coffee and a suspicious look. "What was that?"

Jennie frowned. "What was what?"

"That...little thing..." she pointed behind her to the door to Jisoo's desk. "you had with Jisoo." She took a sip of her coffee.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "It's nothing." And it was. She was just friends with Jisoo. She was happy that she managed to get over her feelings with their one night stand and she walked into work with confidence. She didn't even feel anything concerning Jisoo.

Rosé noddded. "Ok...then what's with the outfit?"

She stood up. "First Jisoo and now you! Can't I dress nice once in a while ....for me?"

Rosé narrowed her gaze over her coffee. "What's it for?"

She sat back down with a sigh. "JJ is coming back early."