⏪ Rewind...5 years

Hope you enjoy this loooooong update!

A/N: Also when this ▶️ is shown, it's for a song recommendation to listen to while the scene plays out. For this particular update, it's "Only Girl in the World" by Rhianna. When this ⏸️ is shown, you can pause the song if you were listening to it.
I wrote it so that it sort of fit to the music so just try it out. I saw it on another Jensoo fanfic and I really liked the idea!

..................................................................

Jisoo sat in front of the gallery director's office with her foot tapping nervously. Her eyes drifted back and forth between the office and the file in her hands.

She had been to several different galleries, hoping to get one to help her out. Instead, they all turned her down. They didn't want to take the risk of a new photographer into their gallery.

This last one, ASP(Aspiring Studio & Photography), was her only hope. She had a flight ready to leave for the States. If she didn't get into this gallery, she was going to get wasted and move herself to the US.

"Kim Jisoo? The director will see you now." The secretary said. Do secretaries have interesting jobs? Mostly they just keep their boss comfortable right? Must be an easy one to do.

She walked into the office and sat in front of the director. The director had her hair pulled back into a messy bun and she wore an expensive Dior pantsuit. It looks really good.

Too bad she needed a job first.

"Hi, my name's Oh Hee-Jin." She held her hand out and Jisoo shook it. "I'm Kim Jisoo."

She nodded with a smile. "Ok now that introductions are aside... what do you have for me?"

Jisoo gave the file nervously and the lady gave a kind smile back. She sighed and opened it. She nodded and looked through each photo.

After a few minutes of scanning through, the lady closed the file and placed it in front of her. "Jisoo...sorry can I call you that?"

"Yes! Definitely!" She answered readily.

Hee-Jin nodded. "Jisoo...have you been in love?"

Jisoo hesitated and shook her head.

The woman nodded. "These photos are beautiful. The dimensions, the golden ratio, thirds rule....you did everything perfect...."

"But....?" Jisoo asked, disappointed.

"I don't feel anything from them...they seem....empty. Like it's missing something."

That's what every other gallery director said too.

"It's missing the best part."

"You're missing a key ingredient."

"This feels weird...like you forgot something."

Jisoo sighed and leaned back in her chair. This was it. Her final shot in Korea was fired. She couldn't think of a single other place that would take her photos.

The lady regarded Jisoo curiously. "How about I make you a deal?"

Jisoo leaned forward eagerly.

"I will give you the bare minimum salary needed to you as long as you want, which is about 75,000 won every 3 months. I will do it indefinitely until you get me something I know will be better."

Jisoo stared at her blankly. "Why—why have so much faith in me?"

"Because I believe that you just need inspiration. Now go before someone sees I'm soft." She smirked and Jisoo took her file. "I won't let you down! I will work very hard!" She bowed and ran out the door.