Phase 1: Self-Doubt

Jennie sat at her desk and continued to type up her plan for getting back at Jisoo, completely forgetting that she runs one of the biggest tech companies in Korea.

Rosé walks in to find Jennie gleefully clapping her hands and typing quickly. "Last I checked," she drawled out and Jennie looked up. "work should be serious and puzzling."

Jennie cleared her throat and shut her laptop. "I enjoy my work."

"Uh huh. Yeah sure, Jen. What's going on with you?"

Jennie swallowed. She could never hide anything from Rosé. The brunette flopped into her chair. "She was my one night stand from 5 years ago."

"Who—JISOO!?" Rosé shouted. Jennie bolted out of her chair and covered the blonde's mouth. She was glaring daggers into Rosé when Jisoo opened the door.

"Did someone call me?"

"No. Go back to your work," Jennie growled. Jisoo widened her eyes and held her hands up in surrender before shutting the door.

Jennie pulled away. "What were you thinking?!"

"I wasn't! You had a one-night stand with Jisoo?" Rosé asked again. "Isn't it awkward?"

Jennie smiled evilly. "But she doesn't remember and I'm going to get revenge."

"Why? Did she do something to you?"

Jennie sighed. On the contrary, her one night with Jisoo had been filled with laughter, warmth and heat. "No she didn't do anything BUT, how could she not remember?!"

"It was five years ago, Jen! Why are you so hung up over it? I've never seen you like this."

Jennie just smiled. "I will be fine once I enact my revenge." She rubbed her hands together and cackled evilly.

Rosé sighed. Once Jennie set her mind to something, she wasn't going to give up on it. "Fine. Just don't be harsh and be careful."

"Be harsh and not careful?" Rosé smacked Jennie upside the head.

"YA! CHAEYOUNG!"

"YA! KIM JENNIE! Listen to what I say!"

"Why?! I'm older than you!"

"I'm younger than you!"

"I work harder than you!"

"At least, I'm more mature than you!"

"I'm funnier than you!"

"I'm taller than you!"

"I'm shorter!"

"I'm smarter!"

"And I'm..." Jennie took a step back. "not falling for that!" She crossed her arms. "Again." She narrowed her eyes.

Rosé rolled her eyes and threw her hands up right as the door opened.

"I brought lunch for both of my—Daebach! What happened?" Lisa asked with 2 paper bags in her hands. "Is everything—"

"SHUT UP!" Chaennie said in unison.

Lisa turned around. "Jisoo! I brought some lunch from that new Thai place!"

..........

Jisoo came in and gave a file to Jennie. Jennie seemed busy so she dropped it on the big stack of manila folders. She left to continue her to-do list she got from Rosé when she heard Jennie say, "Are you sure I'm the right person to give that to?"

Jisoo frowned. She looked through the papers. There was a different name. She could've sworn the name had said, "Kim Jennie".

"Sorry. I'll go and give it to the right person."

For the next 2 days, everything she did was messed up. All the way from putting salt in coffee (which the manager wasn't happy about) to messing up the number of copies. She wrote down things and then they would change instantly. She wasn't sure if she was getting absentminded or completely losing it.

She sat at her desk dressed in a grey pantsuit and a white blouse with black shoes. She had been uncomfortable her first day wearing the skirt and tight clothes. She felt much better in the pantsuit and was happy Jennie asked her to change. She kicked off her shoes and closed her eyes for a few minutes to get her mind together when someone barged into the office.

She frowned and watched them pass her without a glance and go to Jennie. Jisoo stood up and tried to put on her shoes but they were stuck!

"What the fucking hell?" She kept cursing under her breath as she tried to pull the shoe off the carpeted floor. She pulled so hard that she fell to the ground. She scoffed and stared at her shoe angrily. It was superglued to the ground. She was sure of it! She was going to quit the next day or ask Mr.Kim for a different position. God obviously didn't want her to be a secretary!

Then she heard shouting behind the closed doors of Jennie's office. Jisoo thought she would wait it out but when she heard cursing, she got worried.

Jisoo cracked open the door to find Jennie sitting behind her desk and listening to the balding man yell at her. Jennie seemed to just be taking it and Jisoo was going to intervene when Jennie stood up.

"Are you done?" The brunette asked calmly in the middle of the man's rant. "You keep repeating the same thing."

"You can't marry Joon Jae! I need him! My daughter and him were dating!"

"I guess it's too late." She flashed her engagement ring.

"You don't even care about him! You barely know him!"

"I know that he is smart, capable and handsome. I don't need anything more." Jennie replied with confidence.

"Does Joon Jae know that you're using him to save your company?"

"Oh he knows more than enough." She smiled sweetly.

"You're bluffing!" He shouted.

Jennie tilted her head with the same smile. "Am I? Since you know him so well, why don't you call him? He's in the US right now so you can't meet him."

The man narrowed his black eyes at her and pointed a menacing finger in her direction. "How can a woman be so heartless?"

Jennie placed her hands on her desk and leaned forward. "I'm not any ordinary woman. I am a businesswoman with lots of connections. I would think twice before talking to me in this tone again."

The man turned towards the door and Jisoo scrambled back to her seat. The man took a glance at Jisoo and scoffed while walking away muttering, "Women."

Jisoo looked at the closed door separating her and Jennie. She felt her respect grow for Jennie....before looking at her shoes.

She sighed. Working under Jennie would be good for her and get her mind off her artistic block.

I guess I could give it another go.

..........

To be continued 😉