Karma Come and Get Some

For the past week since the wedding, Jennie had been coming into work and working like a robot.

She didn't yell at anyone. She didn't order anyone around.

Her newly appointed secretary even said that it was the easiest job she ever had to work and that she didn't understand why so many quit.

That scared Rosé more than anything. She would be leaving after Jennie's wedding and Jennie would not be herself.

And no matter how much she tried to get Jennie to open up, Jennie would just shake her head with a shaky breath and ask her for some more time.

She didn't break down like she did when she saw Jisoo's rejection letter. She didn't cry. She didn't even smile.

It's like she shut off everything.

••••••••••

Jennie sat at her desk on Friday morning and saw a large brown envelope on the desk. She sighed and looked at who it was from.

She frowned. Irene?

She pressed her hand through and found a letter on top of a large paper.

She pulled it out and opened it.

Dear Jennie,
           I found this picture in the photos my photographer sent of the wedding. He said it was really good and thought I should give it to the right people. And I found it lovely because I haven't seen both of you more happy than in that photo!

I hope you made the right decision.

Love XOX,
Irene

Jennie dropped the paper to the side and carefully pulled out a photo.

Her heart broke.

It was a large scale picture in beautiful resolution of her and Jisoo. It was when they were on the dance floor after the reception. It was a close up with the shot cutting off near their shoulders so that the focus was on their faces. Jisoo's dark hair was framed around her face and her hair was messed up from dancing so much. It was in an intimate position with Jisoo holding her face and looking at her lips with a wide smile. Jennie was doing the same and holding onto her shoulders.

She closed her eyes against the tears that stung the backs of them. She covered her mouth to quiet her sobs.

She hadn't cried in a week and she was still a wreck. When will it stop hurting?

She clutched the place above her heart and sat back.

She couldn't do this. She needed to be straight with JJ.

••••••••••

At around 1pm, JJ came to Jennie's office with a wide smile and fixing his coat as he walked.

Jennie had told him she wanted to tell him something important.

JJ gave himself a high-five. Yes! You go man! Maybe she'll tell her feeling for you! Finally! After waiting forever!

The elevators opened and JJ strolled into the hallway to her office, passing by her new secretary in the process.

Good. I never liked her previous one anyway.