Thank you

"O-okay."
I was stuttering because I was so scared of this man trying to break into my car he's not trying to get into the back windows.

About 2 minutes later a black Porsche pulls up in front of me and Jace steps out he walks up to the creepy old man and punches him straight in the jaw i flinch as I think how much that is going to hurt he crashes to the floor and Jace turned to my car i unblock the doors and he gets in the passenger seat.

"Are you okay he didn't hurt you did he !" He says in a panicked voice with worry in his eyes,
Does he care about me?

"No he didn't thank you so much I was so scared he would break in."

He has returned to his normal cold expression now which makes me laugh a bit he looks so serious.
"I have a tank of gas in my car let me get it and put it in yours."

"Okay."
Is all I say.
Once he put the gas in my car he asked if i was gonna be okay to drive home and i said i would be fine

"I was driving home when you called so just follow me ."

I nodded my head and followed him back to my house. He got out of his car and went into the house i followed when I got the groceries out of my trunk he walked straight to the kitchen and got a drink and some food then he went straight upstairs. He paused before going up and turned around to me.

"You don't don't go out in your own in the dark ever again. Im hear to keep you safe Understand me?"

I was a bit taken back not in a bad way I just wasn't expecting that I just said
"Y-yes"

He went to his room and i didn't see him again that night.

After I put the shopping away it was about 11pm I decided to go shower and go to bed but on my way upstairs I heard something speaking on the phone it was Jace

"How did the deal go?"

I was thinking what deal is he talking about

"I don't care what he said get the job done and i will be there tomorrow to discuss business options if he wants to use our high grade weapons i want a good amount from him or he gets nothing if he refuses you know what to do."

He hangs up with an angry look on his face I wonder what the fuck he was talking about suddenly I hear him walk towards the door i try to move quickly but I slip and let out a yelp

"Evie is that you ?"
I hear from behind the door and it opens as I'm still on the floor I was frozen and couldn't move

"Was you listening to my conversation, love?"

"No I wasn't I was just admiring the door frame."
He lets out a light chuckle and walks over me and down the stairs

Confused about what just happened i slowly get up and get into bed think what on earth was he talking about.

An
Another chapter done guys don't forget to comment 🤍