Chapter Two - Reminders

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️

TW/CW: VOMITING || MINI PANIC ATTACKS? || OVER 6000 WORDS [WTF?]

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️

A few hours have gone by ever since Kokichi arrived back home with Shuichi. He wasn't even awake yet or making much sound. The only sounds were of light snoring and groaning - which the grape could only assume was from feeling uncomfortable. 

Kokichi only stayed beside their beloved detective the best they could while also balancing working from home on their laptop. The lights were off in the room so the only light source in the entire room was the laptop. Kokichi was grateful they didn't have a bright screensaver - otherwise Shuichi would've most likely woken up from the light itself.

"Come on~..." Kokichi muttered to themselves as they awaited for any news regarding the meeting that they were originally going to attend with Rantaro. The meeting was supposedly about a group of pranksters causing havoc in a nearby area and Kokichi wanted to go over with their beloved together like they usually did the past few weeks. They haven't had a chance to spend some quality time together other than those nights after Shuichi asked a question regarding children. 

Kokichi only sighed silently and continued to think through almost every possibility. They even started to think about what could've caused Shuichi to become THIS sick. Was it something he ate? Was it the weather? Or is it just becoming unlucky that he caught a sickness bug going around?

Although Kokichi would've liked no disturbance for the both of them, Shuichi's own phone was starting to vibrate on the bedside table repeatedly. They couldn't really tell who was ringing, but it must be important if they rang fucking 20 times already. Kokichi only sighed, before reaching over to their partner's mobile phone to answer for them.

"Hello~?" Kokichi whispered into the phone, trying to be as silent as possible.

"Ouma?" The voice that spoke was slightly deep, yet filled with confusion. "Why are you answering Shu's phone?"

"Hinata?" Kokichi continued to whisper, "Well I'm answering as Shumai is asleep. Why?"

"Well, I see he's at work this morning, then the next I know, he's been sent home because he threw up!"

"H-How did you figure that out!?" the grape's eyes widened as they shouted in a whisper the best they could.

"Akamatsu told me, Ouma."

"Ahh... Right." Kokichi took a deep breath, before then proceeding to ask their own questions. "So I assume this is the reason you called?"

"Well, not exactly..." Hajime paused for a bit, he sounded awkward before Kokichi could hear them sighing. "...May I be able to come to yours to speak? Don't really want to say my thoughts while at work. Not even supposed to be phoning you right now!"

"Erm... Sure? Although I'm beside Shuichi right now..." Kokichi sighed as they turned to face their beloved detective. He seemed to be moving slightly, indicating that he was about to stir awake. "...So I need to head off. Let me know when you're on your way."

"Alright. Tell Shu to get well soon from me okay? Talk to you later Ouma!" Hajime spoke as calmly as he could before hanging up eventually. Kokichi only sighed as they stared at Shuichi's phone. Shuichi's phone had a screensaver of the both of them at a New Year's Eve party that was hosted on the roof of the Future Foundation. The fireworks in the background, and the way Kokichi forced him forward so that he wasn't alone and uncomfortable makes them both chuckle each time. It was wholesome despite the circumstances of Hajime and Shuichi being incredibly drunk afterwards... NEVER AGAIN!