Chapter Five - Eventful Mornings

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️

TW/CW: Mentions of Being Sick || Insulting Words || Fluff? & Comfort?

⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️⬛️◻️

It's been a month since Shuichi found out he was pregnant, and it definitely hasn't been an easy road so far. His morning sickness has practically kept him and Kokichi awake most nights, and it seemed to have no indication of stopping to give them a few days off. It's been so bad lately that he couldn't even go into work most days, and had to work from home.

When Kokichi was busy going to meetings or doing simple easy missions, Hajime took care of the poor emo. Although if they were both busy with meetings, Nagito would occasionally see if the detective was doing alright. Even if most of the time it ended up with Shuichi helping the ultimate luck instead thanks to their apparent luck cycle.

Thankfully - for once - today was a bit different. The morning sickness had seemed to have taken a backseat and the only subtle feeling he got was just a small bit of nausea. The side effect that the detective was experiencing today however, was being more exhausted than usual.

Sure, he was already an insomniac, but add the pregnancy side effect and it just makes his insomnia a blessing in disguise. It was probably the only time he could work from home without almost falling asleep at his desk.

"Morning sleepyhead~" a voice spoke from the doorway, they sounded like they were giggling. This could only indicate that it was the detective's Lil' Grape - Kokichi. Shuichi turned to the direction of his supreme leader to see that they were carrying some food on a tray.

The tray had a plate of pancakes, and a serving of hot black tea on the side. Presumably to try to keep the emo awake for the day (even though Shuichi despised tea). Kokichi just smiled at their beloved detective as they walked forwards, still lightly giggling.

"What's got you all giddy?" Shuichi had to ask as he took the tray from them, he was admittedly curious considering he is the ultimate detective.

"Well we have two good pieces of news Shumai~!" Kokichi jumped in one spot like an excited kid. Shuichi couldn't help but just smile lovingly at how precious they acted while they started to eat the breakfast his love prepared. He then spoke after a bit of comfortable silence,

"I assume this is related to the Future Foundation?"

"Part of it is!"

"Part? Then what's the other news then if it's not connected to–" Shuichi tried to continue speaking, only to have Kokichi snatch his fork, stab it into some of the food, and stuffed it into the detective's mouth to shut him up. The grape only sighed frustratedly with a light chuckle from the boy's reaction.

"It isn't always about the Future Foundation Shu~!" Shuichi only raised his eyebrow slightly to Kokichi when they eventually spoke. He couldn't really speak with a mouth full of food at this point thanks to them.

"It's about hospital visits and such!" With the mention of hospitals, Shuichi's face fell almost immediately. He didn't expect to be back at the hospital, but he should've seen it coming if this was the situation they wanted when having biological children.

"What... about them...?" Shuichi nervously asked when he could, trying to keep his eyes on the plate than their partners. They didn't want to feel pathetic or weak when discussing any sort of topic relating to it. It made Shuichi feel small as an ant. He told Kokichi that he was ready for this. But... perhaps that was a lie he told himself—