iHateSam'sBoyfriend

One morning at school, Sam stood beside her locker as she squirted her Low-Fat Cheese In A Can on her finger, sticking the orange goodness in her mouth. Just then, Carly smiled as she walked toward her best friend.

"Hey, what's that?" the brunette asked, pointing at the can in the blonde's hand.

"Lunch," Sam answered. Smiling, Carly took the can from the blonde's grip.

"'Low-Fat Cheese In A Can'?" Carly read. "This is what your mom gave you for lunch?"

"Hey, I'm just happy she woke up before noon." Just then, Freddie and Tommy walked up to the two girls.

"Hey, Carly," Tommy said. "Hey, Sam."

"Hello, ladies," Freddie greeted, "or should I say, 'Lady and Sam'?" Looking at Freddie with an unreadable expression, Sam pointed her can at him and squirted, the liquid cheese covering his face. While Carly and Tommy looked at Freddie in worry, Sam just smirked as the tech-genius shook the cheese off his face. Looking at her friend with a scowl, Carly snatched the can out of the blonde's grip.

"Hey!" Sam said.

"You can have this back when you learn to handle squirtable cheese responsibly," Carly said, acting like a strict mom. Sam just rolled her eyes. Just then, a teacher wearing a parrot mascot costume walked into the hallway from the teacher's lounge.

"Hi, Freddie," the teacher greeted as she walked past. "Hi, Tommy."

"Who's that?" Sam asked.

"Ms. Gatlin," Freddie answered. "She told our class that if everybody got A's on our quiz, she'd dress up like a chicken for the whole day." Freddie then held up his hand to Tommy, who slapped it in the form of a high five.

"Impressive costume," Carly said.

"Yeah," Sam added, "that's the best Ms. Gatlin's looked in three years." Just then, a boy walked up to Freddie and Tommy.

"Hey, Tommy," he said, handing the martial artist a notebook, "thanks for letting me borrow your notes."

"Hey," Tommy said, "anything to get a teacher in a chicken costume."

"Yeah, what's better than that?" the boy asked.

"Maybe a chicken in a teacher suit," Sam answered, getting a laugh from the four tweens.

"Awesome," the kid said, "he'd be all..." he then imitated a chicken while throwing in a "do your homework" line. Everyone laughed, but not as much as Sam.

"You make funny chicken noises," Sam said, appearing to have entered a trance as she looked at the stranger.

"Thanks," the boy said with a smile. "All right. Well, I gotta go give a nerd a wedgie. Late." He then walked off to go find said nerd.

"Hey, who is he?" Sam asked as she turned to her friends, or should I say, her friends and Freddie.

"That was Jonah," Tommy answered. "He's a kid in our French class. Why?"

"Boys, go to your lockers," Sam said.

"Why?" Freddie asked. "We don't need to - -"

"Go to your lockers," Sam repeated as she held up her cheese threateningly, causing Tommy to raise his book in defense and Freddie to hide behind Tommy as a human shield.

"Okay! Geez," Tommy said. "We got it." The two then ran off as Carly smiled and faced Sam.

"You love Jonah," the brunette said.

"Kinda," Sam admitted, "he's cool."

"Then you should ask him to hang out."

"Nah, a guy like that won't wanna hang out with me."