iLoveYou

One day at school, Carly got stuff from her locker as Freddie held up a little toy train and Tommy just watched his best friend talk about the toy from next to Carly.

"You see," the nerd said, "this engine is an exact replica of a 1951 Santa Fe Trudge Master."

"Wow," Carly and Tommy said simultaneously, both bored. Freddie, however, was too fascinated with his train to notice.

"See these four rivets right here?" Freddie continued. "A 1952 model would have six rivets."

"Hey," Carly said to her friend with a hopeful smile, "I'm not gonna lie, we're super-bored by this."

"Well, if you two would have been at my train club meeting on Saturday night, you wouldn't have been 'bored' watchin' this baby in action."

"Sorry," Tommy apologized as he and Carly looked at each other. "We wanted to go, but... something came up." Recently, Tommy and Carly had started dating, for real this time. They just didn't want anyone to know about it or they, Sam, Freddie, Gibby and Spencer, would've treated them differently.

"And besides," Carly added, "we didn't want to go and we're pretty sure we would've been bored watching that thing." At that moment, Sam walked up to the trio.

"Hi, Carls," the blonde greeted. "Hi, Tommy-Boy. Hey, pretty baby."

"Hey, lil' Samanther," Freddie said with a smile as his girlfriend walked up to him, pecking him on the lips.

"All right," Carly said with a smile as she shouldered her backpack, "let's cool it with the public display of affection."

"Remember that some of us haven't found our soulmates yet," Tommy said as he and Carly gestured to themselves.

"Oh, c'mon, we haven't kissed in two days," Sam begged.

"Our lips are starving," Freddie added.

"Why didn't you two kiss over the weekend?" the brunette asked the two lovebirds.

"'Cuz we didn't see each other," Sam answered.

"Wait a minute," the martial artist said to the aggressive blonde. "You didn't go play trains with your boyfriend Saturday night? For shame."

"Nah, my mom and I went to dinner, then we did some... 'shopping'." Carly glared at Sam as the blonde turned to her boyfriend. "But we're gonna hang out after school, right?"

"Can't," Freddie said. "I gotta go with my mom to her lady doctor. And I thought you said you were going to soccer practice."

"Oh, yeah."

"You joined the soccer team?" Carly asked Sam in disbelief.

"Nah, me and Wendy are just gonna hang out by the bleachers and hit golf balls toward the field," Sam answered.

"During practice?!"

"Why?" Tommy asked.

"That's when the soccer girls are out in the open," Sam answered.

"Okay..." Carly said, "So you guys aren't gonna hang out together today, and you didn't see each other at all this weekend?"

"Nope," Freddie confirmed.

"Uh, nuh-uh," Sam added.

"That's a little weird," Tommy answered before facing Carly. "Isn't it?"

"It is," Carly confirmed.

"No it isn't," Freddie said. "We're just not into the same things."

"Different strokes, bay-beh," the blonde said.