•Chapter Sixteen•

Izuku heard the front door slam open, he has an idea who it was, he didn't care. He wasn't ready to deal with Katsuki. He thought that a week ago would be the last he'd see of him. Why is he here now?

Katsuki ran up to Izukus room, a letter in hand, excitement and joy clouding his chest.
He opened Izukus door and it all spilled away. His childhood friend thinner than a bare skeleton. His skin paler than white paper. Dried blood next to his face, stained into his bedding, eye bags around his sunken eyes.
He looked like he was dying.
As if he were on his death bed.

"D-Deku..?" Katsuki took a step into Izukus room.
"Hey..?" He hesitantly walked towards Izukus bed.
Fearing the worse, he thought Izuku was dead, until he took notice of Izukus long wheezing labored breaths. He's struggling.
Katsuki's chest twinged. An ache developed within.
"Deku.. w-wake up.."
Katsuki's chest ached. He should've checked on Izuku, he was busy, and assumed his mom would.
Katsuki came to show Izuku his acceptation letter, and to bring his meds over cause his mom wouldn't. She kept 'forgetting'.
But he stumbled on a sight he didn't want to see..

Izuku ever so slightly opened his eyes glancing at the blond.
"Mh..?" He hummed.
"Deku.. you.. you're in pain aren't you..?"
Katsuki hid the letter in his back pocket. He quickly picked Izuku up, Izuku didn't even bother to try anything. His body limp like a rag doll.
"It's cold in here.. let's get you a warm bath.." Katsuki mumbled quickly walking to the bathroom.

Katsuki flipped the light switch on, but the light stayed off, the flipped the switch multiple times and assumed the bulb was out.

"Undress." He set Izuku by the tub. "Now."
Izuku glanced at him then down at his clothes. He hummed quietly and let his body fall to the side.

Katsuki huffed watching him. It's so much more worse than before.

Katsuki eyes darted around the bathroom as he panicked. The Izuku he knew was gone. And the Izuku he has now is fading.
He huffed and quickly turned the warm water on. He waited for it to change temperature. But the water stayed cold. "What?.." he mumbled to himself.
Katsuki looked at Izuku then turned the water off, he ran around the house flipping any switch, no lights worked. He ran to the kitchen, all the appliances off, he opened the fridge, the food spoiled, and the inside warm. It was not a livable space. Nothing was working.
Katsuki ran up to the bathroom, Izuku hadn't moved an inch.
"When was the last time you ate? Showered? Slept? Your meds?? Do you not have any extra meds in this house??" He knelt by Izuku as his eyes stared at Katsuki.
He shrugged. "Dunno.." he mumbled.
"Dunno wha-?!"
"How long has it been?.." Izuku muttered moving his eyes to the floor.

Katsuki huffed and sat down. "It's been about two weeks since my mom kicked you out."

Izuku nodded. "I see.. it hasn't been that long.. I'm fine then.." he muttered closing his eyes.

"What?! Have you not done anything for two weeks?!" Katsuki raised his voice.

Izuku lazily shrugged.
"Can you not do anything for yourself?"
Katsuki sighed.

"Why are you here..." Izuku muttered.
Katsuki placed the letter infront of Izuku. "I was accepted.. I wanted to tell you.."
"To rub it in my face..? That I'm a lazy Quirkless deadbeat?.." Izuku mumbled glancing at Katsuki.
"No.. I just wanted you to- I just.." Katsuki stood and huffed.
"Fuck you. Stay there and die." Katsuki threw his pills in front of him and left slamming the door.

Izuku flinched then looked at the pills. An opening..

A mini burst of energy..
He moved leisurely and grabbed the pill bottle. Spending a few minutes at war with the bottle, just to get it open the lid finally popped.