Confession Booths and Holy Water

I awoke the next day at 8:00am and rolled out of bed and sent a text to the group chat asking if they were awake. Riley was the only one to respond so I told him that I was going to swing by his place then we were going to head to the church. The priest at the church knew us well and while he wasn't to happy with us going around to demonic places he was happy to keep us "safe". I didn't really think that holy water was going to do anything but I guess it was a good safety measure.

I made my way to my closet picking out a nice spring outfit. Not to warm but not to cold. I grabbed the black skater jeans from my closet which had a bunch of rips in them so I also grabbed some fishnets to go along with it. Then I threw on a thin black crewneck sweatshirt. I then quickly packed a overnight bag with a hoodie and some warm pajamas along with clothes for the next day. I made my way to my bathroom to put some makeup on, nothing to crazy, just eyeliner and mascara. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my phone and texted Riley that I was leaving my apartment and to expect me to be at his apartment in ten minutes.

I locked my door and headed down the stairs with my phone and earbuds in pocket along with my wallet attached to my keychain in the other. I hopped down the stairs with excitement flowing through my veins.

I threw my bag in the trunk then I got to my car and started it putting some music on that me and Riley would enjoy and began my journey there. The traffic was rough like it normally is in this city so good thing we will soon be driving out of it. I don't know where this place is however but I'm sure I'll know by the time I see Riley.

   I pulled in front of the apartment complex and waited for Riley to come out so we could go to the church. After a few minutes I saw him run over to my small black car.

   "Heyyy shawty!" I greeted as he opened the door.

   "Hello Bat!" The short man greeted with a smile.

   "You ready?" I asked pulling out of the parking spot.

   "Yeah, I'm nervous though but as always I'm excited to hopefully prove to Spencer that ghosts are real."

   "That reminds me, where is this place?" I asked with my eyes on the road driving to the church.

   "Pennsylvania."

   "Ah, the back rooms state." I sighed then laughed.

   "Actually, the whole state has such a weird uncanny feeling!" Riley agreed.

   We pulled up to the church to meet with Father Thomas. We walked through the wooden doors and a nun came up to greet us.

   "Hello dearies, Father Thomas is doing a confession right now but he should be out soon." She greeted with a small smile. She had to of been new here because she was young and I've never seen her here before.

   "Thank you sister." I gave a small smile to her. Riley knew how I felt about churches and the people who worked in them. I didn't have a good experience with them when I was younger, the only reason I was here was because I was only getting holy water.

  "Want me to do the rest of the speaking?" Riley whispered in my ear when he noticed how tense I was.

  "I'll be fine." I whispered back.

   A few moments later a man walked out of the booth followed by Father Thomas. He wished the man goodbye then turned to talk to us.

  "Holy water?" He asked with a knowing smirk.

   "You already know it!" Exclaimed Riley.

   "I'll be right back with it." He exuded himself and walked over to the alter which was straight to the back of the church.