Chapter 8

For the next few days, Ji Xing continued to work as usual, but still had hope, thinking that the boss would come to her to talk about what she said at the last meeting. But day by day, Zeng Di never looked for her again. She met her in the company corridor once, and she smiled politely, but Zeng Di didn't notice her and walked past.

This really hurt her self-esteem. But after a day or two of disappointment, Ji Xing let go of the senseless fantasy of wanting to be valued by the big boss. Life, work, in the end, you still have to rely on yourself to walk slowly step by step.

On Thursday, she received a call from Li Li, saying that she had been paid and invited her and Wei Qiuzi to dinner. Ji Xing wanted to work overtime, but Qiuzi complained that she was either working overtime or staying with her boyfriend, and that she had not attended her best friend's party for a long time. She then put down her work and went over.

They said it was for dinner, but when they entered the mall, they started shopping around. The skin care and makeup counters are the most dazzling. Li Li said that she was running out of cosmetics, and she wanted to buy a whole set again. Take a look at the counter here, try it at the counter over there, compare the texture and price, and after a long time of tossing, one family bought a few items, and finally got them all together.

When checking out, said a little self mockery: "When I pay off the mortgage, I will buy a la mer."

Ji Xing only bought a bottle of moisturizing water, and it cost more than 800 yuan. When paying the bill, she sighed that the things women use are all profiteering industries.

Seeing her pained expression, Li Li smiled and said, "Can you be more generous with your mid-year bonus and year-end bonus? Or just ask Shao Yichen to buy it for you."

Ji Xingbai glanced at her: "His money is not money?!" After a pause, she muttered, "He bought it for me last time."

Li Li: "..."

Wei Qiuzi: "Showing off your affection again. Can you consider my feelings as a single person, who has blind dates every day?"

Ji Xing was wronged: "She brought it up first."

"I regret that I didn't fall in love when I was studying, and some of the men I met after I entered the society ...it's really simple." Wei Qiuzi was Ji Xing's college roommate, but she was a late student, four years older than Ji Xing, and older than senior sister Li. They are both a year older, but have a very small mentality, and the problem of marriage is imminent.

She is a researcher in a material research institute, and has a stable career. She likes to do research, and it's enough to get something out of it. She doesn't have the need to get ahead and do something big. She is more concerned about love and marriage, but she has never found a suitable one.

"It's still you and Shao Yichen, from university to society."

"Shao Yichen is really nice." Li Li, who has always been stingy about praising men, also agreed, "I remember when you were studying, did a junior sister chase him, and he blacklisted her directly?"

"I heard that she hasn't given up yet. I heard." Ji Xing passed the lipstick counter and glanced at the lipstick.

"And you're not worried?" Qiuzi said, picking up a lipstick to test the color.

"You don't know how much Shao Yichen likes me." Ji Xing snorted, "Besides, there are a lot of people chasing me. Have I paid any attention?"