Chapter 19

While waiting for the elevator, Ji Xing quietly criticized Han Ting as a 'shrewd businessman'. However, despite her criticism, she was well aware that Han Ting was under no obligation to help her, and that she had even refused his offer of connections during their negotiations. There is no such thing as a free lunch, so everything must be done with one's own efforts and ingenuity.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned slowly.

Ding!

The elevator arrived, so she quickly covered her mouth.

This floor was the President's office, very few people came up here. When the elevator doors opened, a young boy wearing pink glasses, an oversized shirt, and wide-leg jeans walked out. Ji Xing felt that he looked familiar, but when they passed by each other, he did not turn around, and Ji Xing did not pay much attention to him either. She went downstairs.

The person who just arrived does not need an appointment to see Han Ting. When the secretary saw him, she smiled and nodded.

It seemed that Lu Linjia was in a good mood, so he placed his hand on her desk and greeted her, "Miss, your lipstick looks good today!"

Although the secretary was already a mother of two, she still blushed when she heard Lu Linjia's compliment.

Lu Linjia swaggered into the office. Han Ting was reading a document, so he did not even look up when Lu Linjia sat down across from him.

"Why do you have time to come here today?" Han Ting asked.

"Do you have eyes on your head? You know it's me without looking," Lu Linjia said as he sat down.

Han Ting continued to frown and analyze the contents of the document, ignoring him.

Lu Linjia did not seem to mind as he leaned left and right on the comfortable chair, muttering to himself, "Your office is really cool. When will you get me one?"

"Sure, I'll make you a vice president," Han Ting said.

"Don't! Please spare me. My butt can't sit still," Lu Linjia said.

Han Ting raised his head and asked, "What are you doing here today?"

"I came to give you a message," Lu Linjia whispered as he lean on the table. "Sister Yuan has cursed you again. She says that you're forcing her employees out, stealing her investments, and deliberately targeting her."

However, Han Ting frowned and asked, "Can you see clearly with those glasses?"

Lu Linjia was wearing pink glasses with gold flecks embedded in the lenses. Feeling his taste being questioned, Lu Linjia couldn't help but retort, "It's a trend now! You won't understand, old man."

Han Ting didn't care about the fashion trend. He continued to look at the document, and said, "I'm leaving in five minutes. Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you want."

Lu Linjia took off his glasses and began to negotiate, "Brother, here's the thing. You always say that I don't do serious business. So, I've been thinking about starting my own business, but my parents won't let me. So, I've come to you for help."

"What kind of business?" Han Ting asked.

"There's a great location available for rent near Guomao. I want to lease it and open a bar."

Han Ting chuckled, "A bar? Are you opening it for yourself?"

"I'm serious!" Lu Linjia said, slightly annoyed, "What else do you want me to do? Running the company? I'm not as good as you and my sister. I really want to open a bar. I've checked out the location; the night view is amazing. Plus, I've planned everything, from stocking to employees to networking. But no matter how I try to convince my parents, they don't believe I can do it."