Chapter 1

Volume I : Stars

At 7:30 in the morning, the alarm clock rang on time.

Ji Xing struggled for ten minutes on the crib in her rented room and got up with difficulty.

She walked out of the door with her eyes blurred, and her roommate, Tu Xiaomeng, came out of the bathroom in a cute rabbit plush pajamas, ready to go back to her room to sleep.

Tu Xiaomeng is a beauty expert on Weibo, with hundreds of thousands of fans, not very popular, but it is more than enough to support herself.

Ji Xing whimpered: "When can I stop going to work and can sleep until I wake up naturally, ah~~!"

Tu Xiaomeng said, "Just hold on, it's Thursday, and the Long March is about to end."

Ji Xing stuck his head out of the bathroom: "Thursday? I thought it was Wednesday. Make sure!"

"Four, I'm sure."

Ji Xing's eyes are bright, great! Earn a day!

After washing up, I went out. It was the morning rush hour. The subway station is crowded with people, like a crucian carp crossing a river. People's breath and body odors are entangled together, condensing into an indescribable strange smell, occasionally mixed with the smell of eggs filling cakes that I don't know who bought it.

Like a leaf, Ji Xing followed the river of people surging through the underground passage, passing the security check and onto the platform.

She was sweating on her back and unzipped her down jacket to breathe. The people behind her were packed tightly, like dumpling skins stuck together. Looking up, the platform was filled with blackened heads of people, and the young faces were expressionless, with only a glint of caution crossing their eyes, just to build up the strength to squeeze into the upcoming subway.

Suddenly, there was a gust of wind in the tunnel, like a light wind blowing the pine waves. The crowd on the platform was in a commotion, people were pressed closer together. Be ready to move.

The wind rushed through the hall, the train entered the station and slowed down, and the office workers accelerated their movement and rushed to the narrow subway gate. The passage in the middle that was left for people to get off was already blocked. The moment the door opened, rush!

Ji Xing was caught in the crowd, and the huge pressure came from all directions. She had already lost her self-control and rushed into the car involuntarily. But the car was already filled with office workers from countless stations ahead. The people outside were pushing and hustling, and the people inside were shouting and resisting, like the two armies fighting in the cold weapon period, shields against each other attack.

There were only three or four people squeezed up at this station, and the fully loaded carriage was like a sack full of rice, and it was impossible to put even one more grain of rice into it. The people outside were still squeezing, and the people inside resisted angrily. Ji Xing was rushed to the carriage by the crowd, stuck in the gap between the shielded door and the subway door, the tide suddenly blocked, no way in, no way back.

Just have to wait for the next shift.

She was about to step back when she suddenly found that her body was unable to exert her strength, and the crowd behind her was like a wall.

"Excuse me!" She squeezed back hard, but the wall remained motionless.

The alarm sounded and the door was about to close.

Ji Xing was startled, thinking of the girl who died in the subway the year before.

"Excuse me! Back off! I'm stuck at the door!" Ji Xing turned around, screaming in fear and anger.