Chapter 7

At half past six, Ji Xing arrived at the intersection ten minutes early. Just in case Zeng Di arrives first, but has to wait for her.

In Beijing in the middle of winter, it was already dark at half past six. The traffic flowed like weaving on the road, and the neon lights flashing in the shops along the street.

All the glitz and glamor had nothing to do with Ji Xing. It was minus three degrees, the north wind was raging, and she was so cold that she bounces on the side of the road.

At 6:25, the car had not arrived yet.

Her face was stiff from the wind, and she just wanted to cover it with a scarf, but she was afraid that the lip gloss would stain the scarf.

It was over seven thousand a piece.

The cold air from her breath was like cotton candy, and it was so cold in the night that her tears almost came out.

Finally, a white Tesla stopped on the side of the road, the back window rolled down, revealing Zeng Di's beautiful face, with red lips bent: "Come on up."

When the window went up, Zeng Di's gaze fell casually, and she swept Ji Xing from top to bottom: the makeup and dress were decent, beautiful enough, and young enough.

Ji Xing got into the car, her cheeks were pale and she kept shaking.

"Have you been waiting long?"

"No! Coming over, it was too windy on the road." Ji Xing said with a smile and said:

"The temperature has cooled in the past few days. As soon as the sun sets, the temperature will drop. The weather was good a few days ago, but it won't be for a while." Zeng Di said, "The real winter is coming."

Ji Xing laughed dryly, not knowing how to answer.

In front of the company boss, she was inevitably weak and cautious, and she couldn't relax.

Dim-yellow street lights circulated inside the moving car.

Ji Xing couldn't help but glance at Zeng Di. When she got into the car, she found that she was extremely beautiful. She was wearing a white loose sweater and a silver-gray sequined skirt, a stylish and beautiful combination. Ji Xing had seen her on a foreign celebrity's street style shoot only a few days ago. Her hair is simply tied in a bun, she wears large plump and round pearl earrings on her ears, and a platinum bracelet with diamonds on her wrist, which was very feminine.

She took a quick glance and looked away, putting a coffee-colored coat and a Hermes Birkin bag aside in the corner of her vision.

Ji Xing grabbed the small strap of her LV bag and silently looked out the window.

Not far from the destination, there is a Chinese restaurant hidden in a large bush and grass. If it is spring, summer or autumn, it should be picturesque. But it's winter now, and only the boundless dead wood stretches hideously into the night sky.

After entering the door, Zeng Di said "Mr. Han", and the waiter dressed in elegant cheongsam smiled and led the two of them inside.

Along the way, all kinds of murals, lights, incense wood carvings, is an elegant place. The hallway was filled with a nice faint scent, like some kind of pine.

Rich businessmen like to be arty, and they had to make such a big show for a meal. Ji Xing could foresee the mingling, laughing and socializing that would take place later, and truly felt that what a waste of such a good place. But she shouldn't worry about it. The boss must bring her here because she will talk about the professional content of the work, so she can perform well.