Chapter 14

The address that Han Ting gave over the phone was Room 4501 in a certain office building near Dongsi 40th Street.

Initially, Ji Xing got off on the wrong floor, which was the 42nd floor. She accidentally walked into an office area and saw the large glass windows, neatly arranged desks and chairs, young people working with their heads down, and lush green plants. Suddenly, she was reminded of the time when she used to work.

She returned to the empty elevator and noticed that the elevator wall indicated floors 32-45: Dongyang Medical Technology Co., Ltd. The company's office area was only two floors.

On the 45th floor, the scenery was completely different from downstairs. There was no employee office area on this floor. Only an open area with tables, chairs, and plants on one side and a huge bookshelf on the other, filled with various awards and trophies won by Dongyang Medical.

At one end of the open area, there was the secretary's office and also the President's office. And at the other end was a room with a frosted glass door, probably a conference room, but Ji Xing couldn't see inside.

The secretary looked at her and probed, "Miss Ji?"

"Yes, it's me."

"Mr. Han is in a meeting. The meeting has been delayed for a while. Please go in and wait for a while."

Ji Xing went in, and the secretary closed the door.

The President's office was large, with the interior design divided into two sections: the office area and the central area. The office area had desks, chairs, sofas, and bookshelves. It was a simple and stylish design that was not luxurious but still expensive-looking, quietly showing the owner's taste and personality. It was low-key but sharp.

The central area was more casual, with a large rectangular table in the middle and no chairs around it. One could imagine the owner standing at the table, discussing important matters with a group of people while drawing sketches. There were some papers on the wall next to the table, some with mind maps and some with drafts, which looked exceptionally unrestrained and free-spirited.

If there was one thing that was the most wonderful about this office, it was probably the entire floor-to-ceiling glass window on the east side, which offered endless blue sky and sunlight outside.

Ji Xing couldn't help walking over to the window and looking outside. It was mid-March; the season in which Beijing was filled with new life. The city had washed away the winter haze, and the willow branches were sprouting in the streets, revealing glimpses of tender new greenery. The white and pink of pear and peach blossoms dotted the city, creating a fresh and beautiful scene between the high-rise buildings.

"Nice view, isn't it?" A man's voice suddenly came from behind her as the office door closed.

Ji Xing immediately turned around and saw Han Ting walking in wearing a suit, lightly pulling on his tie. He had a slightly tense jaw and didn't look very happy. Looks like he just had an unpleasant meeting with his executives. But when he looked at her, his expression returned to normal as he nodded at her slightly as a gesture of acknowledgment.

Ji Xing nodded and said, "In another ten days, all the trees will turn green, and the view will be even better."

Han Ting walked to the desk and sat down, unbuttoning his suit as looked at her with a polite smile. He got straight to the point and asked, "Why did you decide to start your own company?"

Ji Xing's eyes flickered as she gave a lofty reason, "My ideas and ideologies didn't align with Guangsha's philosophy."

"Oh?" Han Ting replied.