05

max's pov

scarlett goes towards her desk and sits on the chair behind it. i stand and wait for her to say something.

-u can sit. - she says finally.

i pull the chair in front of me and i sit. i stare her. she's looking to her laptop and she's using glasses, what makes her even more attractive.

-i analised ur CV. u have potential. but now tell me... - she gazes me. - why were u fired? - she raises her eyebrow.

-well...i was late for work...a lot of times...

-i see. why did u choose this job, max? - smiling.

-i enjoy it, i really do.

-well, i will put u here on a week experience...then we'll see if u stay. i'll send your work schedule and i hope u don't be late for work...only if you have a good explanation. - she smiles as she stares at me.

-okay...and what kind of "good explanation"? - i say as i stare her.

-we'll see... - she looks at her desk and suddenly all went quiet. - i still have to think about it. u can go now. - she looks back at me.

-right, thank u. - i get up.

-ur welcome, mr. wilton. - she gets up and we shake hands. - i'll accompany you to the exit. - she smiles.
.
.
.
once im outside i go towards my car.

-so, what was it like?

-it was good, ig. she says i'll work this week in experience and then she'll see if i can stay.

-right. and what was her reaction when she saw u.

-idk...

-she flirted?

-maybe... - i say as i scratch my neck.

-excellent! she likes u, no doubt! u should call her.

-call her? why?

-for her to come to your house. she was trying to get your attention when she started flirting with you. she wants you! - she says looking at me.

hailee looks very happy and confident with all this. but me? im not sure if i want this.

-what if i feel im not ready for her?

-when we arrive at ur house the first thing ur going to do is call her and invite her. then, we'll wait and see.

-okay. - i say as i start the car.
.
.
.
-bye haiz. - i say as i receive a hug from her.

-bye max, and remember to call her.

she leaves my house and gets in the car. i close the front door and i go towards my couch. i pick the little piece of paper with scarlett's number written on it and then i throw myself on top of the couch. i look at it. i sigh, think over and over, and finally decide to pick up my cell phone and dial her number.

-hello, who is it? - i hear from the other side of the line.

-hi, it's max. u wanna come over and have dinner? i wanted to talk with u. - i say.

-hm, right. i don't have plans for tonight and i also wanted to talk with u.

-great, see u at 8 PM?

-no, u see me at 7:30 PM...bye baby. - she ends the call.

"bye baby"?
.
.
.
i hear the doorbell ring just at the same moment i finish cooking dinner. i hope she likes lasagna. i put the platte on the table and run to the door.