Northshire Abbey

Four years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against the might of the Burning Legion. Though Azeroth was saved, the tenuous pact between the Horde and the Alliance has all but evaporated. The drums of war thunder once again.
——————————————————————————
PERCY

The sound of a water fall crashing against rocks and birds chirping.  I was laying in mud and felt the gentle push of water against my body, groggily opening my eyes to see where I am. It didn't look like Greece. I tried to remember what had happened. Gods damnit my head hurts.

*Flashback*

"I'll Keep Gaia busy, start the ritual!" I looked back at the Olympians, who returned the look of determination.

"No! There has to be another way!" Annabeth yelled with tears cascading down her face. She ran toward me, but I shot stream of water back at her, knocking her into Frank.

"Frank, don't let her go."  He locked her arms around her, keeping her in place.

"No! Stop it! Let me go! I have to help him!" She frenziedly looked up at Frank who held her stare with a hopeless expression, and shook his head at her.

"YOU FOOLISH GODLING! YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME ALONE SUCH ARROGANCE?" The Earth mother shouted, throwing chunks of terrain at me, hitting me square in the face. My ears were ringing.

"ZEUS, START THE INCANTATION NOW. WE WON'T GET ANOTHER CHANCE!" I shouted, and he looked to me with a nod.

"Your sacrifice will never be forgotten, Perseus." As she started chanting in Ancient Greek, a barrier formed around Gaia and myself. I looked to my father and smiled, and he nodded to me. I looked back to my friends one more time, their expressions crestfallen as they knew what was happening. I smiled one last time, "Jason, take care of them please." The tears fell from his face as he grimaced, "You know I will, brother."

Annabeth looked to me, sobbing now, "Percy, you — you promised."

"I know I did, Wise girl. I love you."

An explosion came from the center of a barrier. The last thing I saw before the darkness were the hopeless expressions strewn across my 6 friend's faces.........

I heard a voice in my head, "Hello there, young hero."
"I have been watching you for a long time, and you have sacrificed so much at so young, so I have come with a proposal."
"What is it?" I asked warily, "and who are you?"

 "You have nothing to fear, young Percy."

"Well, what do you want from me?"

"To give you a clean start in another universe; one that could benefit from someone like you," The voice said.

"This doesn't make any sense. Why aren't I in the underworld?" I began to panic.

"I am afraid that when you sacrificed yourself to defeat Gaia, you were banished to the void. You won't ever see the afterlife, and I believe this to be unfair, so I have come to offer you a choice. You can either stay here, in the void, or I can send you to a planet called Azeroth. You won't have to worry about monsters hunting you anymore. They exist, but they won't be hunting you down out of revenge or because of your blood. However, you can not take any object from your universe into the other. I am afraid you will have to leave your sword behind."

I felt sick. First, I sacrifice myself to save everyone I love, and now I'm losing what feels to be a piece of my identity. I thought back to Zoe, and I just felt worse. She trusted me with this. It wasn't just a piece of me, it was a piece of her. 

"I mean, it sounds better than floating in this dark space for all eternity."

"Do you have any last wishes?" 

I thought hard about what I'm getting.
"You said I couldn't take any object with me to this world. What about a person who deserves a second chance, too?"  

There was a silence for a minute.

"You wish to restore the person who's bound to your blade," The voice replied.

"More than anything."

"Very well. Just repeat after me." The commanding voice told me what to say and I uttered the words, 

"I, Perseus Jackson, relinquish this blade to its rightful owner." 

And with that, I could feel Riptide fade away from my stewardship.
"Well, where is she?" I demanded.
The voice chuckled, "Easy there, killer. You will find her in due time, but as of now, it is time for you to begin your new journey."

*Present Day*

I sat up on the bank of the river. Man, this place was beautiful, to say the least. I'd never seen water so clear you could drink straight from the stream. The forest was lush, and you could smell the vegetation in the air.  As I stood up and walked around, I noticed a beautiful stone brick building in the center of this abbey. If Annabeth were here, she would love to visit this place. I felt a little sad at the thought of never seeing her again, or any of my friends. I noticed a grouping of guards on patrol wearing plate armor, donned with a tabard. The blue tabards had the symbol of a golden lion's head across the front. I made my way to the Abbey to hopefully find directions to the nearest city. As I walked past what seemed to be a bunch of new adventures, I overheard talks of killing wildlife. Because the wildlife had grown so out of control, the locals here were paying handsomely to have them taken care of.

'Well, first step to making my way in this strange new world is to earn some money,' I thought. I wasn't paying attention as I kept looking around at all the strange things happening- from people being enveloped in a strange light and making loud noises, to people wearing the weirdest of clothing, such as robes, wizard hats, and carrying oversized weapons. It was quite jarring, even for someone like me who's been through two wars before the age of eighteen. Me being me and daydreaming, I accidentally walked into someone and knocked them over.

"Hey, watch where you're going, moron," He said, frustrated.

———————-

Here's to the start of a new story guys . - Rook