Chapter 7

Since Emily and James had already bought all of her belongings from her apartment, they only had to unwrap them. However, the real trouble came at night, when they had to figure out their sleeping arrangement.

Although James' apartment had two rooms, Justin's old room was reduced to a storage closet. James still had to figure out a way to clean that room. He assumed he'd take the couch and let Emily sleep in his bed, but Emily was not through with this idea.

He tried to convince her that he was more than fine with taking the couch as it was quite big, but she didn't feel comfortable with it. So, after much deliberation from both sides, they agreed to share the room, particularly after seeing the current state of the extra space, where she could have easily settled in. Further, he had a double sized bed in his room.

Presently, she was appalled at the condition of Justin's old room.

"I can explain." James defended himself.

"Explain? At first, I was shocked that your place looked well-organized for a guy, but this room is garbage. You have literally dumped everything here." Emily was exasperated.

"I am organized. It is just that this room was spare and served as an excellent storage room. So why bother arranging it when, in the end, it is for extra items?" James tried to defend himself.

"You are a mess," Emily stated.

"I am a bachelor who lives alone in this house. Give me some credit, at the very least. And for the record, this room is still clean. It is just not organized systematically." James told her.

"We are going to clean this room as and when we get time." Emily declared.

"What? Why?" He whined.

"First, because there will be a lot more space once everything is in its proper place. Second, you can use this room as a guest bedroom. And last, you only told me I could re-decorate it as per my wish." Emily smirked.

"Fine," James said grumpily.

"Even after having a spare room, there is no extra bedroom. What did you do when your parents or sister came to visit you?" She asked him.

"I used to sleep on the couch and gave them my own room." He gave a casual shrug.

"Impossible."

"It is no big deal. But I am surprised that CC Grams has actually told us that she will pre-inform us if they decided to come." James said thoughtfully.

"Me too. At least this gives us time to prepare. Moreover, we can get used to sharing beds when they do come. There is no telling what is cooking in their heads. But I won't be shocked if they do give us a surprise visit."

"Yup, I do agree with that. But I really hope you are okay with sharing the bed. I am still telling you, I don't mind taking the couch. It is comfortable and I have often spend my nights sleeping on it." James said.

He didn't want to push his luck by making her uncomfortable.

"You are way too sentimental for a guy, James. Relax, okay? You can take the floor unless you have any reservations about sharing a bed with me." Emily suggested with a cheeky smile.

It was really sweet of him to make sure of her comfort level.

"My home, my bed, and yet I have to sleep on the floor. Chivalry is no longer alive." James gave her a blank stare.

"I am a girl. You should gladly sacrifice your bed to me." Emily pointed out.

"I have nothing further to say. There is no winning from you." James gave up and headed to the kitchen to gather all of Emily's edibles to keep them in their appropriate place.