Chapter 14

"You are bloody unbelievable, James." Emily glared at him.

She was hiding in the kitchen, trying to get away from his crazy troop.

"Oh, come on, Emily. It's not a big deal." James tried to dismiss her, rolling his eyes.

"Not a big deal! James, you should have told me you invited your friends over. What the hell am I supposed to do with them here? I could have gone to Jake's place if I knew they were coming here. "

"Em, I didn't invite them over. I wouldn't have done that without informing you in advance. They crashed here randomly, which they do from time to time. They just didn't feel the need to tell us before-hand because they were not aware that I have another person living with me." James tried to defend them, but it was all in vain.

"I am not going to play your host." She told him.

"I am not asking you to entertain them. Just join us. We mainly watch movies, eat food, drink some beer, and sleep. A simple hangout."

"What if you were not here? Gone on a date or one your potential girlfriend came over?" She asked him, but one of James' friends, Lucas, answered her question.

"James never has a girl over. He is the type of guy who, instead of hitting the club, would rather stay at home with his video games."

Emily looked at him, surprised. "You have video games? I didn't come across any. Where is it?" She asked animatedly. It was as if she didn't care about having uninvited guests over.

"Um... in one of the drawers near the TV," James told her hesitantly.

"I have never seen you play," Emily commented.

"I didn't have the time." He stated his case.

In all honesty, he didn't want Emily to judge him for his obsession with games, so he had hidden it from her. He didn't want her to look at him differently, or worse, consider him as a child.

"James, you are a dumb-headed, idiotic fool. When I was getting bored on your couch, why didn't you tell me? So much time could have been spent productively and effectively." Emily told him with a frown on her face.

She wanted to punch him.

"Um..." James didn't know how to reply. He was at a loss for words.

"Do you know how to play COD?" Lucas asked her curiously.

He didn't know if James' girlfriend was even aware of the game.

"Do I know how to play? Dude, I am the queen of it." Emily smirked.

"Challenge accepted. We are going to have a war of game zone." Lucas said, and both of them went to compete.

On the other hand, James was still standing on his feet in the kitchen, trying to comprehend what had just happened. One minute Emily was fussing over having his friends over, and the next, she readily went with one of his friend to play a game.

His thoughts were broken by the noise coming from the living area, where Lucas, Mark, Brinda, Natalie, and Emily adjusted themselves on the couch and the floor.

James moved his feet towards where they were all gathered. Emily was animatedly in charge of the game, and Lucas, with equal energy, was trying to combat her through his character in the game.

Brinda, one of his friends, offered space beside her. But it became more interesting when Emily started firing daggers at her. Since there was not much space in the room to sit, he sat beside Brinda but maintained a fair distance from her. Emily scowled but then focused her attention back on the game.