Chapter 12

Emily was over the moon. Finally, Fiona and Justin were back. When James and Emily arrived at work, she dragged him to Fiona's cabin instead of their own, only to discover that she was in Justin's cabin.

Those two were still tied to their hips, it seemed. She dashed over to Justin's cabin and walked right in without knocking. She hugged her best friend as soon as she saw her.

"I missed you."

"I missed you, too, Em." Fiona returned her hug.

"Awe, Em. No hug for me?" Justin asked her with a smile.

He spread his arms wide, ready to embrace his wife's insane best friend. But he knew he'd get nothing but a punch in return.

"Of course." Emily stepped forward and gave Justin the tightest hug ever. Both Fiona and Justin were surprised at Emily's happiness.

"Not that I do not love this side of you, but what the hell happened to you? I was expecting a disgruntled young lady because we had extended our trip." Justin asked her.

Emily gave a casual shrug. "I will admit that I was irritated, but not anymore."

"James, what did you do with Emily? If this is what happens as a result of her staying with you for such a short period of time, then you should make this arrangement permanent," Fiona suggested.

Even though she knew that she was still the same Emily that she knew, something was different about her.

"I am just rubbing off on her. What say, Em? Do you want to stay with me indefinitely?" James asked her with a wink.

"Only if you cook for me five days a week, buy me tonnes of cheerios, and keep Henry out of my way." Emily negotiated.

"Done, done, and done. Even though dealing with Henry is going to be a task, but what the heck? The things I do for you." James joked.

"He met Henry? He knows about him?" Fiona asked her friend in surprise.

"He knows that Henry is my biological father, and he had met him few days ago. We were compelled to attend Henry's so-called informal gathering." Emily clarified.

Fiona was astounded.

Even though her friend might not have told James about Henry, but even introducing him to her biological father is a massive step.

Emily trusts James.

Fiona gave a sly look to Justin, who was equally appalled. He thought that James and Emily would have been at each other's throats, but their routine seemed to be working too well for them, and also the fact of Emily disclosing about Henry to his friend.

His wife had told him about Emily's deal with her father during their honeymoon, and he had to admit that Emily's biological father is a douche.

No wonder Emily doesn't trust people.

"Anyway, guys," James drew everyone's attention to himself. "Since you are both back, let's go to the ice rink."

Hearing James' words, Emily's smile had transformed into a scowl. "An ice rink?"

"Yup, that's right," James said.

"I am in, but let's give it a few days. We both really would like to unwind and relax now." Justin told them.

Even if they just returned from a wonderful vacation, being at home brings a whole new level of tranquillity and joy.

Emily's brain tinkled. She immediately backed Justin up.

"Justin is absolutely right. These two have come from a very long trip. We should give them time to settle into their new home. You know, to take a feel of their married life."