Chapter 25

Her experience last night was nothing short of eye-opening.

Aside from what had transpired with her father, Emily realized she could no longer ignore her feelings for James. She cannot run away anymore. However, she needed to speak with Fiona first and sort herself out.

The morning after James confessed to her in her sleep about his love, she tried hard to appear normal in front of him. But, it was a colossal disaster.

Luckily for her, her sour mood and disturbed mind were blamed for her father's act. Hence, this didn't make James doubt her feelings for him. He tried to make her feel comfortable while they went to the office. She did want to thank him, but she didn't know how. Maybe she could tell him that she too has feelings for him, but she had to speak with Fiona first. Her friend would definitely be able to guide her.

It wasn't until the end of the day that Emily was able to make time and go to Fiona's cabin to talk to her alone. But she groaned when she discovered that no one was present there. She thought to call her but saw that her friend's phone was already on the desk. She decided to wait and sat in the chair. By mistake, the pen dropped, so she got out of her seat and kneeled down to pick up the pen when Fiona and Justin came into the cabin at the exact moment.

"Justin, I really think we should let Emily know about the CC Grams scheme," Fiona told him.

Emily was both confused and alert at the same time. So, she chose to remain hidden.

"Fiona, she will be royally pissed. God only knows what she would do if she ever found out about how our grandmothers played reverse psychology to bring her and James together. Especially now, after what happened with Henry, she will flip." He tried to explain it to his wife.

"That's what scares me the most. This is the main reason we all need to come clean. I don't want to cause her any more pain than she has already suffered."

"It is too late for that now." Emily showed herself up.

Fiona and Justin were shocked to see Emily in front of them. "Em..." Fiona tried to say, but Emily was furious.

"Thanks for nothing, guys." Emily walked past them and marched towards her own cabin.

Both Justin and Fiona followed her.

She opened the door and walked toward James. When he saw Emily's angry eyes, he stood up, but before he could speak, she opened her mouth, coming straight to the point.

"Did you know about CC Grams' attempt to pair us together?"

James' eyes were wide open.

'So, his instinct was correct,' he thought.

"Em, I..." However, he fumbled when trying to reply to Emily, which was a terrible mistake because his reaction didn't go well with her.

"We are done, James. Our fake relationship is officially done. Our genuine one has also come to an end if it was even real, to begin with." She left him high and dry.

"Emily, you are completely misinterpreting things. I had a niggling suspicion, but I wasn't sure..." Emily, on the other hand, cut him off.

"Niggling suspicion? You didn't think I should be aware of this, did you? We had a deal, James. I thought that we had enough trust where it was implied that everything would be transparent between us." Emily shouted at him.

"Why does that even matter, Emily? Whatever the scheme Grams played, why does it have to affect us? My feelings towards you are not because of them." James told her.

"Feelings? No, James. You are wrong. There are no feelings between us. You were manipulated into liking me because Cecelia Grams very well knew that no sane guy would ever want to be with me."