taking it seriously.

meliodas pov

a groan left me when I woke up, giving a slight stretch before rolling over, my smile immediate as I saw Elizabeth brushing her hair in front of the vanity mirror. I couldn't help letting my eyes wander over her, enjoying the yellow and white sundress she chose to wear for today, leaving the upper half of her back exposed while the dress itself was held up by the knot around her neck.

"well, look at that, looks like a good morning indeed" I chirped happily, startling her as she turned around to look at me.

"g-good morning meliodas" she stammered out with red cheeks, her hands clasped in front of her.

I smirked at her embarrassment, feeling pleased at my ability to embarrass her.

"come here beautiful" I beamed to her, sitting up and gesturing to my lap.

she let out a giggle as she walked over, her cheeks darkening in color. once she was within reach I pulled her down by her forearm, laughing at her cute squeal. I smiled as she wrapped her arms over my shoulders, kissing me with a sigh.

"I asked sir ban to prepare some food for you to eat before your trip and for while you're out there" she whispered to me softly, peppering my cheek and jaw with kisses.

"awe~ thank you~ you know you didn't have to do that~" I cooed to her lovingly, holding her tightly as I tilted my head over to bury my face in her hair.

"I know, but I wanted to make sure you got to relax before your trip" she sighed out sincerely, burying her hands in my hair and scratching my scalp lightly.

"you're so sweet, my lovely softie~" I groaned quietly, enjoying the gentle touch she gave.

"meliodas!" she squeaked when I nipped her ear, giving her ass a pinch.

————————————————

"you're such a cute widdle baby!" I chirped to Tristan, cradling him close whilst rubbing his cheek.

he just giggled as I played with him, seeming excited as he grabbed at my nose. I was giving him as much attention as I could before I had to go, loving how cute he was as he gave quiet coos at me. we sat on the porch under the sun, feeling happy as his multicolored eyes stared up at me.

"you two look so cute together" Elizabeth's voice broke the silence, causing me to turn and look at her with a smile.

"well yeah, of course we're cute, considering how much Tristan takes after you he could make anything look good" I responded happily, smirking when her cheeks turned pink.

"meliodas you look just fine either way" she murmered quietly, her embarrassment obvious as she couldn't keep eye-contact.

"awe~ are you calling me handsome?~" I asked teasingly, smiling at her widely as her cheeks darkened in color.

"please don't tease me" she whispered softly, her eyes showing sincerity.

"but it's so fun~" I cooed to her, reaching the hand not holding Tristan to her.

she just smiled softly, taking my hand and sitting next to me. I smiled widely when she leaned over and kissed me, snickering when Tristan cooed at us.

"awe~ come on tris~ let me kiss your mom okay? i'll ask ban to make you something special~" I beamed at him, smiling as he seemed to stare at Elizabeth.

"meliodas!" she squeaked, giving a playful shove to my shoulder.

"what? should I not give my lovely mate affection?" I asked with a forced pout, having a hard time not smiling when she smiled sincerely.