Benevolence.

meliodas pov

"mhm, yeah I just know she'll love to have you there" I assured Jericho easily, her being the last one I had to invite which meant I only had a couple more things to finish up before heading back.

"okay, thanks i'll be there whenever you end up telling me where its at" she agreed happily, smiling as she scratched the back of her head.

"alright, i'll be seein ya then!" I chimed as I turned and began walking off to go talk with Dreyfus, raising my hands above my head casually.

mission successful, now to go and make sure everything is set and then I can return to my love.... I thought dreamily, smiling to myself as my mind went straight to all things I couldn't wait to do to her.

I could always surprise her by returning while she sleeps and waking her up with pleasure? or maybe wait until she's going to bed and hold her down against the bed while I ride her? or, return while she is asleep and tie her down and tease her until she begs? I thought lustfully, having to shake my head to get rid of the lewd thoughts, at least until i'm done here.

"hello, sir meliodas, it's been awhile hasn't it" Dreyfus mentioned offhandedly as I walked in, smiling only slightly as he ready a piece of paper.

"yup, just here to discuss a couple things" I agreed with him, closing the door behind me as I walked over to sit by his desk.

"ah, yes, what seems to be on your mind?" he asked curiously, setting his paper down.

————————————————

Ban pov

"Princess! where are you!?" I called out in my panic as climbed through the flames, trying fruitlessly to find them.

there was fire everywhere in the house, and it was hot enough from the flames I would be dead if not for my healing. when they weren't downstairs I climbed the flaming stairs to look up there, fearing the worst when I heard Tristan crying.

when I came across the bedroom door and tried to get in the door wouldn't budge, slamming my shoulder into it couple times before it burst open. it took a moment for my eyes to adjust and see it, the black cocoon floating in the middle of the room where the crying sound was coming from.

I ran in and wrapped my arms around what I now recognized as demon magic, clearly surrounding Tristan as his cries came from inside. after looking around the room and realizing the princess wasn't in here I carried the cocoon out the window, cringing at how cold the outside felt in comparison to inside the fire.

"where are they!? did you find them!?" diane asked as she dumped more water on the fire, looking at the cocoon with narrowed eyes.

"Tristan is inside this thing and I don't know where the princess is" I growled out as I glanced back at the fire, praying with everything in me that she didn't die in the flames.

"damnit!" diane screamed out, slamming her fist into the ground and causing a slight tremor.

————————————————

after awhile the flames were put out, and people were now digging through the rubble while merlin tried to get the cocoon open. it was nerve wracking not knowing if were gonna find her alive or a charred corpse or if were gonna find her at all.

"you know with how high the temperature of the fire reached it's not unlikely that her body could of been completely burned to the point of ashes" gowther spoke offhandedly as if bored, adjusting his glasses on his face.

"don't you dare say that! this the captain's girl we're lookin for! she's our friend! we will dig through every single ounce of options before we ask for what you think happened" I yelled at him, glaring at him as my eyes stung from resisting the tears that threatened to spill.