Chapter 73

That was a bit of an earful.

I turned my back. The employees who had been pulling Duval were frozen at the appearance of a name that had been taboo for some time.

"What did he say?"

"You think I'm going to tell you that?"

"Go away then."

My hand gesture caused the employees, who looked even sterner than before, to pull Duval out. Duval, who had been taken helplessly, shouted at them as if he were in a panic.

"Mine!"

The butler, who knew of my fake plan to purchase the abandoned mine, hardened his face. Duval saw this and ranted.

"Do you get it? What kind of a position you are put in? What are you still going to do, you don't even have a hole where the money comes from!"

Say that to me again.

'However much you want to get my attention.
But that was a bit much.'

If Count Essit knew, he'd collapse.

I looked vaguely at the idiot who was team-killing with impunity. How he read my expression, Duval stretched even more proudly.

"Oh, you don't really believe that Duke Absulekti and Duke Justice will help you, do you? What kind of people are they to help you with everything? If you kneel down now and tell them you will marry me, I may even tolerate you- ugh!"

Slap!

A leather glove flying from behind hit the back of Duval's head with a heavy thud. If he had not been caught by the employees, he would have definitely fallen from this.

'Hasn't something like this happened before?'

Thinking this, I looked in the direction from which the glove had flown, and saw Reynos, whose anger seemed to stand up to the top of his head, staring at Duval.

Next to him was the sleepy-eyed Rublet.

'Did we make a promise to meet today?'

No. I don't have any guests today. At the same time, I was thinking about my schedule.

Rublet, who was staring at Duval, muttered.

"Is it a chance to score with Cereal..."

Then, like Reynos, he took off one glove and threw it in front of Duval this time.

Pook-!

Duval staggered as he was hit back and forth. He was hit so hard that it even left a bright red mark in the shape of a glove. Rublet looked at him and twitched his fingers.

"Follow me, I'll kill you."

"I'll go first. Don't cut in."

Reynos was uncharacteristically angry.

He even applied for a duel as Duke Absulekti, who was based in the flimsy northern part of the country, not to mention Rublet, who had the ability to kill with a single blow.

Duval, who realized his situation, turned pale. Then he fell down on his knees as if this was the only way to live.

The employees who were holding Duval fell back.

Even though it was a shame for a family to avoid a duel, feeling shame was possible when lives were at stake.

When he kneeled, he remained on his knees, his head bowed all the way down.

"I'm sorry. I misspoke. I will never speak of the two dukes again."

"I know you won't."

Rublet looked at me with a look that said, "What am I to do?"