Chapter 138

"Tsk."

The second prince clicked his tongue in annoyance at Rublet's unwavering response, refusing to even consider the need for manipulation.

In his mind, if one had affection for a woman, they should go to any lengths to win her over. He couldn't comprehend Rublet's rough and unrefined demeanor.

'Although, it would certainly be advantageous for me if he stepped out of the picture.'

The Second Prince moistened his lips, contemplating his own selfish desires. This train of thought occurred during the celebration in honor of Little Marquis Lavirins.

Ever since Alice had divulged information about Ciella to him, the Second Prince had been biding his time, waiting for the opportune moment to approach her. However, Reynos's unexpected arrival at the celebration disrupted his plans, forcing him to redirect his attention towards pacifying the rowdy nobles seated on his side of the table.

Just as he managed to settle them down, the Little Marquis uttered deceitful remarks at his mother's tea party, once again stirring up commotion.

"She's an incredibly unpleasant young lady, son. You must steer clear of her and take your mother's words to heart!"

Hm...

The Second Prince, Shade, had never witnessed his mother becoming so infuriated, nor had he seen her become so agitated over a mere woman. Moreover, this lady seemed to have gained favor with the Emperor and held a special place in his brother's heart-a rarity for someone who had never shown such affection towards anyone else.

His twisted curiosity began to grow rapidly.

But upon learning of Ciella's interest in his brother, the Second Prince made a solemn vow to remove him from the equation as swiftly as possible, dismissing him as nothing more than a nuisance. However, he didn't merely want to eliminate him; he wanted to crush him under his own heel.

'I'll take this opportunity to step on him.'

Thus, when he heard of the Pope's plan to transform Reynos into an evil dragon, he insisted on orchestrating the final confrontation between them.

He envisioned Reynos being branded as a dangerous threat to the empire, while he himself would emerge as the heroic figure who fearlessly stood up to the dragon and safeguarded his people.

'That way, the Little Marquis will have no choice but to see me.'

Finishing his thought, the Second Prince tapped Rublet's shoulder, who was staring at me coldly.

"Relax, Duke. If someone were to witness this exchange, they might misunderstand. It's the time for Ruby Moon, after all, where anything is possible, although it shouldn't be."

"..."

"I'm informing you of this so that, if such a scenario were to occur, you wouldn't prematurely unleash your powers, considering we have Lady Tyriel with us."

Rublet's gaze grew colder as he spoke, but Shade continued, regardless.

"We'll attempt to rectify matters through purification, and then the Duke's intervention. We cannot simply kill my brother, can we? Isn't that right?"

Rublet instantly grasped Shade's intentions. If it appeared as though he were suggesting unleashing a demonic rampage upon the crown prince and subsequently employing Puritina to contain it, his assumption would not be far off.

'It must be the saint thing.'

He knew enough to know that the temple was trying to elevate Ciella to sainthood because of her position.