Chapter 128

After the events of the betrothal ceremony at the Ruby Palace, Gerald, who had been updating me on the latest news from Essit and Baron Alfred, brought me some devastating news.

'Tyriel has taken Estalroot?'

My eyes widened as I took out the Paternity Detector Magic Tool from Apple, the wizard of the Magic Tower, for some reason.

'Isn't this supposed to be used for Tyriel, not for anything else, to kick her out Cherish?'

Nonetheless, the news came as quite a shock. While I was aware that Baron Alfred was scheming to exact revenge on me, I never anticipated him actually giving Estalroot to Tyriel. I had heard rumors that he regretted disclosing this information to Count Essit, fearing that if caught utilizing it, he would face a lifetime of imprisonment.

'He's doing something he's going to regret.'

I put the paternity test aside and read through Gerald's letter.

[... She inquired if there was an herb capable of inducing love. It appears that consuming Estalroot produces a similar effect.

Though I am uncertain of her intended recipient, I have included the antidote as a precautionary measure.

If you can discern who she plans to administer it to, consider using the antidote.]

I fiddled with the vial enclosed in the letter. Someone I can guess.

'There is one.'

Although he is a dragon now, not a human.

- Piik, piik, piik!

- Good job, big brother!

Once again, there it was-Reynos, the dragon using a "trilogy of magical tools" designed to harness the power of the evil dragon-performing a captivating courtship dance adorned with a crimson ribbon around his neck.

The reason for Reynos losing control yet again today was that the magical tools bestowed upon him by the Magic Tower were not meant to be used just once; they required multiple applications until the turbulent power subsided.

'It was said that once it was completely finished, he would be able to control the power of the evil dragon without taking any pills.'

But until then, he said that sometimes, as a side effect of the tool, he might lose his mind.

I didn't know why he came to my house when he lost his mind.

'Is it like coming home drunk?'

I scratched my head as I looked at Reynos dancing with excitement. So Reynos' drinking habit is dancing?

Next to him, Godori was standing up on his hind legs and clapping for his brother's good dancing.

- Piiiiik!

-My brother is the best!

- Piiiiiiiiiiiik!

- Your vocals are slightly distorted, but your dancing skills are exceptional!

- Piiiiiiiiiiiiik!

- You look great!

'What?'

He's always flattering him when he was trying to kill the evil dragon.

He must have realized he couldn't stand the constant murderous intent, so he switched gears.

However, this only fueled Reynos' arrogance, and he danced with even more excitement.

The sight of those two doll-like creatures was undeniably adorable. I wished I had a camera to capture the moment, but alas, I hadn't brought one with me.