Chapter 141

***

The Snow White Banquet had been an extraordinary success, with couples filling the ballroom like the leaves of mistletoe.

Not only had my bond with Reynos deepened, but the Luminous Department Store had also gained prominence through its collaboration with Ermetsch.

Yet, my joy was overshadowed by the presence of Rublet.

'The head of the family known for their animosity towards demons witnessed Reynos' transformation with his own eyes.'

Though he retreated silently from the scene, there remained a lingering uncertainty whether he might change his mind and attack Reynos once again.

Naturally, Reynos wouldn't simply stand by, but I desperately wished to avoid a confrontation between them.

'If they fight, they'll both get hurt badly.'

The fictional male lead, who can't lose to anyone, and the second male lead, the strongest man in the empire.

It was a battle of impenetrable shields and spears that could pierce through anything.

Moreover, Rublet hadn't been seen since the Snow White Banquet.

Considering that he had often appeared before me as an escort due to the revelations of the temple, I couldn't help but feel disturbed.

'He must be thinking a lot.'

I hope this ends well for both of us. With that in mind, I kept a close eye on Rublet's movements, and I even asked a servant at the Crown Prince's palace to let me know if he appeared at the palace, just in case.

Some time later, when the final round of the swordsmanship tournament was about to begin.

"Miss, there's a person from the Crown Prince's palace, and I don't know-!"

"What?"

The news was that Rublet had challenged Reynos to a duel.

***

In a spacious performance hall within the Crown Prince's palace, the atmosphere was tense.

Earlier in the day, snow had fallen, creating a serene white landscape all around. However, in the center of the arena where the duel would take place, the ground remained untouched by the snow. It was a rare duel that would never happen again, but all around them was silence.

Reynos had told everyone to leave. Rublet faced Reynos with an impassive expression, while Reynos returned the same stoic gaze.

Both men held true swords, symbolizing the seriousness of the duel. The use of such weapons meant that neither would be held accountable if the other met a fatal end, indicating their readiness to face death.

Rublet's gaze lowered slowly, as if deep in thought.

After a moment of contemplation, he lifted his eyes and addressed Reynos.

"Thank you for accepting my duel."

"I'm the one who was surprised. I thought you were going to use your powers that day."

"I am a man who knows that life is precious."

"Indeed."

The conversation came to an abrupt halt, leaving an uncomfortable silence hanging in the training hall.

A gust of wind swept across their faces, adding to the eerie atmosphere.

Both men tightened their grips on their swords and locked eyes, uncertain of each other's thoughts. It was akin to the intense gaze of beasts preparing for battle.