Chapter 9

***

Today was the day I decided to go to the boutique to match Reynos' clothes. I was waiting for Reynos, ready to go out.

May, who had been looking at me like that with a face of curiosity for the past few days, carefully asked.

"What kind of person is he?"

"Hm? Who?"

"I'm talking about that man."

Aha. She means Reynos.

I've never told May about Reynos.

Only in front of noble ladies did I mention the temple brother to protect the image of "pure and soft Ciella Lavirins," but there was no need for me to do so with May.

I thought I should tell her at this point, so I whispered after beckoning her to come closer.

"Someone who's having a revenge affair with me."

"Pardon?"

"Just like that, he also cheats, and I have nothing I can't cheat."

"Lady."

May, who put her hands on both hips, frowned.

May was a maid, but she was like a real sister to Ciella. Since May's mother was Ciella's nanny, they had grown up on the same milk at the same time.

That didn't offend her at all, even though it wasn't the kind of behavior a maid would do to her master.

I stared at May spontaneously, looking forward to the continuation of the small talk.

Maybe she'll talk about how cheating is wrong, or how I can't do that, or something like that.

"I sincerely agree with you having a revenge affair."

No. May even applauded solemnly.

"But since you're going to have an affair, I think you have to do it with a really cool person."

"Cool person?"

"Yes. For example."

May, who was looking for an example by narrowing her forehead, picked her fingers one by one.

"A handsome, powerful, and rich person."

"There's no such person in the world."

"No, I have one. For example, the Crown Prince!"

May claimed that she had never seen His Highness, but that he would surely be handsome.

It was admitted.

"It would be nice if you were satisfied with all three, but you have to be satisfied with at least two. He's as handsome as His Highness. Whether he is as powerful as His Highness, or richer than His Highness."

"Why is the comparison group the Crown Prince?"

"His Majesty is a married man."

That's true.

"In that sense, that man is disqualified. He's handsome, but he doesn't seem to have money and power. I have a good eye for people. I can tell when I see it."

No, I don't think so. Don't you know how expensive Lilstein roses are?

... Hyuk.

"May, hold on."

"Anyway, I'm against it. In fact, I don't like all the men in this world. At least when it comes to His Imperial Highness the Crown Prince, he and my lady are a perfect match!"