Chapter 25

This is a long chapter so grab some popcorn and enjoy!!

~Third person pov~

Glenn, you there yet? Rick asks. Almost, we'll have it handled before they get here and we'll meet you at yellow. Glenn says.

Copy that. Rick says. It'll hold. Rick adds. Well, that's good. you know considering where were standing. Michonne says. Michonne. Morgan says. Yeah? Michonne asks.

Back when you were in that place, where I lived. Did you take one of my protein bars? Morgan asks. No. Michonne says with an amused look.

See, I could've sworn there was one more peanut butter left. Morgan says. Michonne sighs. That's how it is? Isn't it? Michonne asks. You always think there's one more peanut butter left. Michonne says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like a lot. Nicholas says. We need it quiet. Glenn states. So, what's the plan? Heath asks. Take'em out, a few at a time. Glenn says as he runs around the building and Nicholas and Heath follows.

Nicholas, your at the door. Glenn states. Alright, you let one or two out then close it. Glenn says. You keep doing that, that's the trick, that's how we control it. Glenn says.

Nicholas nods his head. Heath. Glenn says. What if he can't close it? Heath asks nervously. I'll be able to. Nicholas says.

Then we take them on. Glenn says. We take them on? Heath asks. If we get in trouble, we go behind the building into the woods and draw them away. Glenn sates.

Hey, he's been out on runs since he got here, he knows what he's doing, me and Aiden we didn't. Nicholas says.

This was suppose to be a dress rehearsal. Heath sates. I'm suppose to be delivering pizza's man. Glenn says. Daryl's leading them this way and they're closing in. Glenn says.

That noise is gonna pull the herd right off the road and then we have serious trouble, we have to do this. Glenn explains.

Yeah, okay. Heath says. On three, ready? Glenn asks as he gets ready to pry the door open with a crowbar.

One... Two... Three! Glenn says as they open the door. Shit... Glenn says. Nicholas goes to look. there's another door that's gonna make this more difficult.

~Back to earlier~

My team, we saw it early on, back when we were on one of the first scouts, finding out what was around here. There was a camp at the bottom. The people, they must have blocked the exits with one of those trucks back when everything started to go bad. They didn't make it, they were all roamers, maybe a dozen of them. Heath says.

No ones been back since? Maggie asks. DC, every town worth scavenging are all in the other direction. I never really felt like having a picnic next to the camp that ate itself. Heath says.

So all the while the walkers have been drawn by the sound and they're making more sound and they're drawing more in. Michonne says.

And here we are. Now what I'm proposing, I know it sounds risky, but walkers are already slipping through the exits. One of the trucks keeping the walkers in could go off the edge any day now, maybe after one more hard rain. That exit sends them east, all of them right at us. Rick says.

This isn't about if it gives, it's about when it gives. It's gonna happen. That's why we have to do this soon. Rick says.

This is... I don't even have another word for it, this is terrifying. All of it. But it doesn't sound like there's any other way. Carol states.

Maybe there is. I mean, couldn't we just build up the weak spots? I could draw up plans, I worked on the wall with reg. Construction crew... We could try to make it safe. Carter explains.