35

TAEHYUNG FOCUS:

Taehyung smiled as he looked at the tense faces around the table.

The three musketeers as they were called by the masses.

Jin

Namjoon.

Jungwoo.

And his own 'dear' mother.

They were here to vote on the subject of him marrying y/n, something that would have been considered a complete joke by everyone and dismissed before even considering but he didn't propose this vote unprepared.

If only she knew the lengths he had gone to, just for her.

The vote started with his mother.

He had encountered her multiple times, and at the last meeting, she had finally given in.

"On a second thought, I will let you do what you want. The loses we make in business won't affect me anyway because it's just digits on a screen. I will always be able to spend the amount I want anyway . I will always get that vacation, that bag and that pair of shoes I want. But when Mirae's father becomes the president and his efforts all converge on bringing your father's work down, you'll soon realise that maybe love isn't the most important thing in the world"

She pushed a white card towards the centre of the table meaning no objection.

Then, it was Jin's turn.

Taehyung clenched his fist as a red card was pushed towards the table.

"There's nothing really you can offer me Tae," Jin had told him before the meeting "but I know our family, and I know y/n. She'll never be happy here. She deserves better than this. So no, I won't support you in your decision to strip her freedom off"

He needed two more votes in his favour, because a draw meant he would have to involve other extended family members, who believed in centuries old traditions that forbade mixing royal blood with common.

Everyone in the room looked at Namjoon in anticipation.

Taehyung had made him a visit too. And overhead his fiancée yelling.

"You can't do this to y/n. She's just a squishy lil cute fluffy baby. They'll murder her I know"

"No one can hurt her if Taehyung supports her..."

"Yeah and what if he stopped loving her. Then what huh. Then what?"

"We'll see about that..."

"You're doing this just because Taehyung promised you a chance in the politics. That he'll take care of your part of business and then you can do whatever you want"

"I want to change this world for the better!!! And politics is the only way to do that!! If I keep looking after this business, I'll live a comfortable life but what about so many people who don't have access to even the basic needs?"

"Why can't he help you without a price?"

"He can, but I'll feel bad if I deny him the one thing he has ever asked of me..."

Another white card went to the centre of the table.

And then the last one.

Jungwoo.

"Well look how the tables have turned. Kim Taehyung at my humble abode instead of me visiting his magnificent Palace as usual" he had laughed and taken a sniff of something on a glass slab, while the girl in his lap giggled. The one to his left smirked as she put another layer of crimson on her lips on the top of the already existing one.

"Here to bestow on me some blessings Instead of me begging him for something as usual" he had hissed.

"Name your price and let's be done with it" Taehyung had ordered.

"What can you offer me, hyung?" He had replied mockingly emphasising on "can".

"More shares, and one of the islands in pacific"

Jungwoo gulped.

"What if I want more?"

"It's another bet for you, then. If I get the other three votes, your red card still won't get you anywhere. A clue, my mother is voting positive"

Taehyung knew that the only one who could snitch was his mother, and her vote was positive anyway.

Jungwoo was getting more than he deserved and the brat knew that.

A white card slid to the centre.

His mother gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Well, Kim Taehyung you have the obvious majority here. Should we celebrate or something now?" She asked with a fake smile.

"In due time" he replied as he got up and shook hands with everyone. He understood why Jin had done what he had done and decided to hold no grudges.

Then, with quick steps he walked out, knowing that everything he was giving up for her was worth it.

He felt the velvet box in his pocket and a smile quirked up his lips. He wondered how she would react. Knowing her, she could downright say a no, but that was for the next few days to decide.